Well I made my first set of whoopie slings in my first attempt at splicing, and thanks to the great info in the sticky/s they went together beautifully.
And they work.
So thanks very much for all the info.
I used some mig welding wire from work as a fid, maybe a little thick, but it wasn't bending all over the place.
Amsteel from AHE, can't remember the dimensions, imperial doesn't stick nowadays as we are metric measrement here in Australia.
I also stitched some treehuggers with a Speedy Stitcher - much less happy with that. Two punctured fingers - it's a young man's game that.
There will be no pics of the treehuggers - we have our standards here on the Forum and i don't wish to earn the ire of Ramblin' Rev