Tarp
    HG Dyneema
    Insulation
    to many to list
    Suspension
    straps cinch buckl
    Images

Hammock and underquilt

I am looking for a hammock and underquilt system where the hammock has clips on the sides and the underquilt connects to the clips. The underquilt should have tension tighteners so the suspended quilt can be tightened or loosened depending on the users preference and venting.

I do not like the tension cord going to the end of the hammock, the cord hits the side of my hammock and my head while trying to sleep.

I am not a DIY guy so I am hoping there is something out there like that.

Thanks for all your help!

Hikenpaddleboy

Hammock
    WL Snipe
    Tarp
    WL Tadpole
    Insulation
    Down!
    Suspension
    Whoopies
    Images

Hammock and underquilt

sounds like you may be interested in a warbonnet ridgerunner with a lynx underquilt. you can find those at warbonnetoutdoors.com

Hammock
    WBBB, WBRR, WL LiteOwl
    Tarp
    OES, WL BullFro
    Insulation
    HG UQ, TQ, WB UQ
    Suspension
    Python Straps
    As Direct said, if you like a bridge hammock, the Ridge Runner/Lynx combination has no "guy wires" by your head. But if you are a gathered end believer, look into the WarBonnet wookie. I don't have one, don't know the details of how it is attached. But from the descriptions I've read, it seems married to the hammock much more directly than with just a couple of bungee cords.

Another solution is to get a full length UQ if you are using a partial. I know about the cords against the head issue of which you speak. It seems to happen if I'm using a partial quilt so a lot of the "quilt" length is bungee cord going from end to end. With a full length quilt, the quilt end, for me, is way beyond my head - no cords near by.

If it works for you, an inexpensive solutions is some plastic clips that live on your hammock ridge line. They allow you to change the angle of the bungee coming off the quilt - giving more lift. They could possibly be deploys so that the bungee cord that is now near your head is moved out of the way.
    In order to see what few have seen, you must go where few have gone. And DO what few have done.

Hammock
    Darian
    Tarp
    Currently hunting
    Insulation
    Enigma/HG
    Suspension
    Whoopies
    Quote Originally Posted by cougarmeat View Post
    As Direct said, if you like a bridge hammock, the Ridge Runner/Lynx combination has no "guy wires" by your head. But if you are a gathered end believer, look into the WarBonnet wookie. I don't have one, don't know the details of how it is attached. But from the descriptions I've read, it seems married to the hammock much more directly than with just a couple of bungee cords.

Another solution is to get a full length UQ if you are using a partial. I know about the cords against the head issue of which you speak. It seems to happen if I'm using a partial quilt so a lot of the "quilt" length is bungee cord going from end to end. With a full length quilt, the quilt end, for me, is way beyond my head - no cords near by.

If it works for you, an inexpensive solutions is some plastic clips that live on your hammock ridge line. They allow you to change the angle of the bungee coming off the quilt - giving more lift. They could possibly be deploys so that the bungee cord that is now near your head is moved out of the way.

If you are the gathered end guy, I have a second generation, single layer WBBBXLC with reversible bug net and top cover, as well as a custom 30 degree 950 FP wookie including 2 oz overfill. Please note that due to the design of the wookie, it is a directional quilt and this one is “Reverse lay” so head rt and feet left. It’s set up Whoopie’s with Dutch hooks, and Kevlar tree straps with Dutch clips. I have used the hammock 4 nights, and the quilt only 1. I like altitude, and there are just not enough trees. I think I also have the UQ cover, but it’s been a minute

• + New Posts