Warbonnet Ridge Runner
    Tarp
    ZPACK CUBEN
    Insulation
    quilts
    Suspension
    Web'g cinch buckle
    Images
    The canister blew up when I picked it up from being close to the fire. Looks like it broke my little finger and took a bit of skin off my middle finger, but my TRIGGER finger is intact. We really didn't have it that close to the fire and was plenty cool enough to be picked up in my bare hand, but.......don't try it. It's a good thing it was almost empty. It landed about 15 feet from the fire. Wow.
    You will not be punished for your anger, you will be punished by your anger.
    Buddha.

Hammock
    Skeeter Beeter Pro
    Tarp
    Speer Winter Tarp
    Insulation
    BA Insulated & SPE
    Images
    You're crazy, Mule. Although just be glad you did it last night. Tonight looks even worse.
    "The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits." - Albert Einstein

Hammock
    JRB BMBH
    Tarp
    JRB 11x10 Cat Tarp
    Insulation
    JRB UQ of season
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by skskinner View Post
    Here are a few of the photos from the trip. Gear-wise, I discovered, at least for me an irritating flaw in the match between the BMB and the JRB Quilts. The small rings used on the bridge pinched the support systems of the underquilt and weather sheild. I will be making some mods soon and posting them in another thread. They actually did work fine and kept me toasty, but I think I may have an idea that will make the quilt and cover glide smoothly through the rings. That's coming later.
    One of the photos shows a stove that blew up on me when I picked it up. Some fool named Mule put it close to the fire to warm up the canister of gas. What an idiot, but it did make for some great laughs.
    Mule
    SkSkinner,

Nice report.... Glad that you were not injured in the stove explosion

The jrb quilts are suspended from the suspension tabs 5 inches below the corner rings, not the rings... nothing goes thru the rings but the end of the suspension elastic and micro biner.

Pan
    Ounces to Grams.

www.jacksrbetter.com ... Largest supplier of camping quilts and under quilts...Home of the Original Nest Under Quilt, and Bear Mountain Bridge Hammock. 800 595 0413

Hammock
    Warbonnet Ridge Runner
    Tarp
    ZPACK CUBEN
    Insulation
    quilts
    Suspension
    Web'g cinch buckle
    Images
    Pan, You are correct and I must say I did not remember to use the loops. I an guessing that would have taken care of it. I am going to add this to my initial post on this. Darn, I don't know shy I got the mental block, all I know was that it wasn't timed out linearly as it used to be. Thanks for correcting me. Mule
    Buddha.

Hammock
    WB Traveler
    Tarp
    Custom OES tarp
    Insulation
    JRB Down UQ/TQ
    Suspension
    Whoopie slings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by skskinner View Post
    The canister blew up when I picked it up from being close to the fire. Looks like it broke my little finger and took a bit of skin off my middle finger, but my TRIGGER finger is intact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Peter_pan View Post
    SkSkinner,

Nice report.... Glad that you were not injured in the stove explosion
    So you WERE injured, or you weren't? I'm a bit confused. Maybe if I look at the pictures more closely? I'm so glad you didn't lose any bits of fingers...

"Civilization is the limitless multiplication of unnecessary necessities."
    - Mark Twain
    I go to nature to be soothed and healed, and to have my senses put in order.
    - John Burroughs

Hammock
    Warbonnet Ridge Runner
    Tarp
    ZPACK CUBEN
    Insulation
    quilts
    Suspension
    Web'g cinch buckle
    Images
    Yes, I was injured a bit. My little finger looks like it may be broken between the 2nd joint and the knuckle, it's swollen and black and blue, and my middle finger got the skin torn off it between the 1st and 2nd joint about an inch long by half inch high, but the skin is still there. It's only skin deep and I just bandaged the flap of skin back where it belongs.
    My fingers were so numb for a couple of hours they really felt like fire had burned them. Since driving home the numbness in only now in my middle and little finger and not as bad either. It really isn't much. Hitting my thumb with a hammer would have been much, much worse. Thanks for asking NCPatrick. Mule
    Buddha.

Hammock
    Warbonnet BB XLC 1.7, Traveler S1.7
    Tarp
    Cuben DIY
    Insulation
    Hammockgear
    Suspension
    whoopie slings
    Images
    on a more positive note...
    The pics of the campsite looked great. Pines make a perfect hanging campsite
    Nothing better than a tarp covered in snow! We are going to have to go there real soon!
    "Every day is a new day to a better future"
    "Of all the things that matter, that really and truly matter, working more efficiently and getting more done is not among them." ~ Mike Dooley
    "What if I told you that you couldn't have anymore of anything... No more friends, no more money, no more anything, until you first got happy with what you have?"~ Mike Dooley
    "The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing." ~ Socrates

Hammock
    Warbonnet Ridge Runner
    Tarp
    ZPACK CUBEN
    Insulation
    quilts
    Suspension
    Web'g cinch buckle
    Images
    Animalcontrol, This time we walked past the campsite where you and I camped and went left, or North about a quarter mile. There are dozens of places to camp in the pines there never used before. Yes, we will go soon. I watched the ten minute video on the Warbonnet and it is impressive. Can't wait to see yours. Mule
    Buddha.

Hammock
    dp gear .com
    Tarp
    dp gear .com
    Insulation
    dp gear .com
    Suspension
    dp gear .com

Revelations with MISTER Excitement

Hello,

Steve Skinner linked me up with this thread so I thought I'd share some memories with this trip.

First, for me, this was my FIRST trip where I didn't get cold. Thanks to Steve, the MULEMan sharing all his expertise. And I've been camping a few seasons.

I'm one of those guys who weighs everything to the "gram" and then HOPES what I pack will be comfortable. So ... as you might gather, I'm continually adding weight.

FYI: I've "built" a bunch of "Mocks" and am giving up on my Bridges because of the added weight of the spreader bars.

Back to Mister Excitement Skinner. It was quite a treat to see that orange fireball just above the campfire about midnite. On the other hand, I'm sure happy Steve isn't injured any worse. How many buddies do you have who explodes gas canisters in his bare hands? Plus, I'm very glad the "PocketRocket" didn't "stab" anybody in it's projection.

AND, ask Mister Excitement about the icy roads on our trip back to civilization ...........................

Hey, it's GOOD to Winter camp ..............

dp

Hammock
    dbl layer SBPro & GT Nano 7
    Tarp
    Funky Forest Tarp
    Insulation
    no sew SPE/ Sb Uq
    Suspension
    tree sling/huggers
    Images
    glad you are Ok and had a nice trip.
    Chris