Whooooo Buddy)))) All Good in the Backwood Hood.
Shug's YouTube Videos
New to hammocking this summer. I haven't slept out below ~ 40*F so far. However, I recently received a 20*F incubator that has changed everything. A few backyard nights and I expect I'll be ready to venture north this January.
Hope to be there.
New to Hammocking but I am very familiar with outdoors MN in the winter.
Looking at the past 10 years of historical data in the Finland area, temps have reached below -40f.
Everyone going needs to make sure they have the proper gear and the knowledge on how to use it properly. As stated by stairguy, there is no bailout (hot tent/cabin) option besides going home and a lot can go wrong in deep cold.
Forecast for Friday is 20*F, but...
If this same advisory were to occur in Jan, you better hunker down!..WINTER WEATHER ADVISORY IN EFFECT FROM NOON THURSDAY TO 6 AM CST FRIDAY...
THE NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE IN GRAND FORKS HAS ISSUED A WINTER WEATHER ADVISORY...WHICH IS IN EFFECT FROM NOON THURSDAY TO 6 AM CST FRIDAY. THE WINTER STORM WATCH IS NO LONGER IN EFFECT.
* TIMING...SNOW AND STRONG NORTH TO NORTHWEST WINDS WINDS WILL DEVELOP DURING THE MORNING HOURS ON THANKSGIVING DAY AND CONTINUE INTO THE OVERNIGHT HOURS.
* WINDS...NORTH TO NORTHWEST 20 TO 35 MPH WITH GUSTS TO 45 MPH.
* VISIBILITIES...THE STRONG WINDS MAY PRODUCE AREAS OF BLOWING SNOW. THIS COULD REDUCE VISIBILITY TO NEAR ZERO AT TIMES... ESPECIALLY IN MORE OPEN AREAS.
* SNOW ACCUMULATIONS...2 TO 5 INCHES ARE POSSIBLE.
* OTHER IMPACTS...THE EXACT TRACK OF THIS SYSTEM IS STILL UNCERTAIN...AND WILL DETERMINE WHERE THE HEAVIEST SNOWFALL OCCURS.
A WINTER WEATHER ADVISORY FOR SNOW AND BLOWING SNOW MEANS THAT VISIBILITIES WILL BE LIMITED DUE TO A COMBINATION OF FALLING AND BLOWING SNOW. USE CAUTION WHEN TRAVELING...ESPECIALLY IN OPEN AREAS.
Does Frozen Butt stick to the hammock?
That write up is like this is in North Dakota....
If it moves, you can eat it. No promises you will think it tastes good.
This is the same weekend of not only the Mt Rogers Hang but also SoRuck and the Florida Hang. Yall have fun, I'll be in Sunny Florida
Love many, trust few & always paddle your own canoe. American Proverb