Hammock
    DIY
    Tarp
    Superfly
    Insulation
    Burrow & Incubator
    Suspension
    Dutch-All-N-1
    Thanks, for the ideas and pointers. I know it may not be the smartest thing, but I think I'm just going to go all in with the gear. If it doesn't work out I'm sure I could find somebody on the forum to take it off my hands. The last time my wife and I went camping we both slept terrible so maybe I can get her set up too eventually.

Hammock
    Warbonnet Blackbird
    Tarp
    Siltarp2
    Suspension
    Adjustable webbing
    Images
    It might make a difference because the top/bottom quilts may not work or be suitable for all hammocks.
    "YOU KIDS GET OUTSIDE AND AIR YOUR PANTS!"--MOM

Hammock
    DIY
    Tarp
    Superfly
    Insulation
    Burrow & Incubator
    Suspension
    Dutch-All-N-1
    Thanks, I realize that not all quilts are compatible with all hammocks, but I'm planning on starting with the traditional gathered end style hammock. (I guess that's traditional) I actually just ordered a incubator from hammock gear and my parents ordered me a burrow. I think the top quilt should work for whatever hammock I end up with and if the incubator doesn't work out maybe I can sell or trade it. I'm halfway to my set up now.

Hammock
    WBBB 1.1 single, various others
    Tarp
    Cuben MLD, HG
    Insulation
    DownMat or Yeti
    Suspension
    Whoopies
    Quote Originally Posted by aclawrence View Post
    I've actually got a pretty good Exped sleeping pad but if I get a hammock I really would like to go ahead and get the quilts. Maybe I can get my family to go in together and help get me started. Probably try to get the underquilt first and use my sleeping bag till I can get a top quilt.
    I would try it with the Exped first(if it is a downmat) before getting a bottom quilt. I have a Yeti UQ but have only used it a few times because I think the downmat gives me a much better nights sleep. I might even try selling the yeti here on the forum if I can get my post count up to 50. Oh, did anyone notice I have made several posts today?

Hammock
    DIY
    Tarp
    Superfly
    Insulation
    Burrow & Incubator
    Suspension
    Dutch-All-N-1
    I really like my exped. I slept on it for thirteen nights in the pacific northwest this summer. It's a great pad. It seems that the general consensus is that most people prefer the UQ though. I will definitely try both ways when I get a hammock. Oh, mine is not the downmat. It's the synmat 7 I think (its yellow). I think the r value is 3.7 or something like that.

Hammock
    wbrr/d i y speer
    Tarp
    hg 4sccc 12 foot
    Insulation
    lynx/w/logics
    Suspension
    straps /pole mod
    Quote Originally Posted by aclawrence View Post
    Thanks, I realize that not all quilts are compatible with all hammocks, but I'm planning on starting with the traditional gathered end style hammock. (I guess that's traditional) I actually just ordered a incubator from hammock gear and my parents ordered me a burrow. I think the top quilt should work for whatever hammock I end up with and if the incubator doesn't work out maybe I can sell or trade it. I'm halfway to my set up now.
    congrats on your new gear