Northwoods Hammock
    Tarp
    Zpacks Cuben wdoor
    Insulation
    Hammock gear incub
    Suspension
    Whoopies & Dutchw

Using A Hot Water Bottle To Stay Warm

For those with wives, I recommend earning some brownie points and fixin up a bottle of hot water if they complain about cold feet. Or if they do when going to bed you can please them by thinking of them by putting a bottle under the covers at their foot of the bed.
    I use this at home alot. Why deal with cold feet when you can do something about it?

Quote Originally Posted by Bosman View Post
    For those with wives, I recommend earning some brownie points and fixin up a bottle of hot water if they complain about cold feet. Or if they do when going to bed you can please them by thinking of them by putting a bottle under the covers at their foot of the bed.
    I use this at home alot. Why deal with cold feet when you can do something about it?
    Excellent idea...This is one of the best/longest running threads I've ever read.
    I went out and bought a 1 litre/32 oz Nalgene Bottle & I intend to match it up with an Out Door Research #1 Water Bottle Parka what do you guys think of them?
    I like the idea of sleeping with your liquids as Shug, Cannibal,Angry Sparrow & so many others do seems so simple now I don't know why I didn't see it before.
    The idea of using a Gatorade bottle to pee in doesn't gross me out either saving every BTU is practical.
    I recently saw a video of a shewee so I guess girls can do the same although not a new idea I think I saw something of this nature on a movie Pirates of the Caribean/Pipi Long Stockings?... Hey when nature calls everybody's gotta go!

Quote Originally Posted by Smack Um View Post
    Excellent idea...This is one of the best/longest running threads I've ever read.
    I went out and bought a 1 litre/32 oz Nalgene Bottle & I intend to match it up with an Out Door Research #1 Water Bottle Parka what do you guys think of them?
    I like the idea of sleeping with your liquids as Shug, Cannibal,Angry Sparrow & so many others do seems so simple now I don't know why I didn't see it before.
    The idea of using a Gatorade bottle to pee in doesn't gross me out either saving every BTU is practical.
    I recently saw a video of a shewee so I guess girls can do the same although not a new idea I think I saw something of this nature on a movie Pirates of the Caribean/Pipi Long Stockings?... Hey when nature calls everybody's gotta go!
    I have an Out Door Research 1litre water bottle parka coming in from Winnipeg to Thunder Bay.
    I'm going to check it out for fit next week when it gets here with the rest of the shipment...Reading online some people complained about the new design being too tight?..I'll check it out when it gets to town and report back!

Hammock
    Too many to list
    Tarp
    Cuben with doors
    Insulation
    FlThrwr UQ+DIY TQ
    Suspension
    Whoopies + straps
    Images
    I'm guessing the parka will defeat the purpose of sleeping with a hot water bottle. If you just want to keep your water from freezing, the parka will work on its own (outside of your hammock). If, however, you're trying to keep warm, the parka will keep all the water's heat INSIDE the parka, and do little to warm you up.

Not that it's a bad product; it looks cool! But it's not for keeping warm in the hammock. Just my 2cents. Best of luck!
    "Pips"
    Mountains have a dreamy way
    Of folding up a noisy day
    In quiet covers, cool and gray.

---Leigh Buckner Hanes

Surely, God could have made a better way to sleep.

Surely, God never did.

Hammock
    DH Freebird, WBBB 1.1
    Tarp
    Tadpole, HG Cuben
    Insulation
    UQ Tewa Antifreeze
    Suspension
    Straps & Whoopies
    Images
    Good tip. My feet are ALWAYS cold. Thank you.

Hammock
    Grizz style Bridge
    Insulation
    Primaloft PL-1 UQ
    Suspension
    Dynaglide
    I use a nalgene insulator (OR brand I think) in the winter for hiking and I use it in my bag in the insulator to slow the heat release or else it's too hot initially and too cold later. I don't know how well the parka insulates, but I suspect it would be helpful in regulating heat release.
    Ed

Quote Originally Posted by Pipsissewa View Post
    I'm guessing the parka will defeat the purpose of sleeping with a hot water bottle. If you just want to keep your water from freezing, the parka will work on its own (outside of your hammock). If, however, you're trying to keep warm, the parka will keep all the water's heat INSIDE the parka, and do little to warm you up.

Not that it's a bad product; it looks cool! But it's not for keeping warm in the hammock. Just my 2cents. Best of luck!
    Yeah.. I don't know how it will pan out but I'll give it a try and post...I can't believe how much traffic there is on this site.
    OMG on our little fishing blog in Thunder Bay it would take weeks for an answer...haha!
    Cheers,Pat

Hammock
    Too many to list
    Tarp
    Cuben with doors
    Insulation
    FlThrwr UQ+DIY TQ
    Suspension
    Whoopies + straps
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by egrant5329 View Post
    I use a nalgene insulator (OR brand I think) in the winter for hiking and I use it in my bag in the insulator to slow the heat release or else it's too hot initially and too cold later. I don't know how well the parka insulates, but I suspect it would be helpful in regulating heat release.
    Quote Originally Posted by Smack Um View Post
    Yeah.. I don't know how it will pan out but I'll give it a try and post...I can't believe how much traffic there is on this site.
    OMG on our little fishing blog in Thunder Bay it would take weeks for an answer...haha!
    Cheers,Pat
    I see what you're saying. Hopefully, the insulator will let out enough heat to warm those tootsies! Good luck guys. And, Smack Um, you're right! We're an enthusiastic bunch here!
    "Pips"
    Mountains have a dreamy way
    Of folding up a noisy day
    In quiet covers, cool and gray.

---Leigh Buckner Hanes

Surely, God could have made a better way to sleep.

Surely, God never did.

Hammock
    WB Traveler
    Tarp
    WB tarps
    Insulation
    HG Down, PolarPod
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Scout620 View Post
    Good tip. My feet are ALWAYS cold. Thank you.
    In winter, after hanging around camp cooking my dinner and so on, my feet are always frozen. The hot water bottles take are of that. Nalgene bottles works fine for this trick.
    Best,
    Blaze

Quote Originally Posted by Pipsissewa View Post
    I see what you're saying. Hopefully, the insulator will let out enough heat to warm those tootsies! Good luck guys. And, Smack Um, you're right! We're an enthusiastic bunch here!
    I finally got the bottle insulator it takes for ever for stuff to get to our small town.
    It's a bit of a tight fit but otherwise seems ok...Thanks for the replys folks!
    It's snowing again today April 6/2013 still waiting/gearing up for Spring when ever it gets to this crazy country of ours!

• + New Posts
  • Page 46 of 86 FirstFirst ... 36444546474856 ... LastLast