I don't YET have one to test myself. There are tons of glowing reviews on the WBRR, yet I have missed any mention of this: tarps and WBRR spreader bar interactions.

So previously I had seen significant number of questions or complaints about the contact between the JRB BMBH and tarps and how to prevent it. At least one person even poked a hole in his expensive non-sil tarp. There were quite a few threads discussing how to get around this problem, which was definitely doable. But on the list of negatives or "cons" for bridge vs non-bridge, the tarp issues were often mentioned. Bottom line seemed to be that for equal wind/rain coverage you needed a good bit bigger, heavier tarp or needed to rig up some sort of side pull outs for your tarp if it didn't have them, or both.

At the same time, a lot of folks ( certainly but not all ) were dissatisfied with the shoulder room in the deluxe BMBH, enough to be a deal breaker. It seemed about the only way out of this was even wider bars, which would only increase tarp contact problems. Although the BMBH UL model, by being 4" less deep, while using the same bar width, does seem to have more shoulder room. ( hold the presses! I just measured, and my old original removable net BMBH has 31" bars, while my zip net BMBH UL has 32" bars. So that would account for a little bit of the dif in percieved shoulder room, along with being more shallow. I would have sworn they were identical.)

So I hear that the WBRR has plenty of shoulder room. I have read the bars are 39.5 wide, or 35.5 wide with the 4" section removed. So that's 8.5" wider than my original BMBH, a good 27% wider! That is a LOT wider. No doubt this greatly increases the shoulder room, but shouldn't it also greatly increase tarp/bar contact problems? (In fact, I always guessed that is why JRB never responded to requests for a wider BMBH. Just because they made a decision about the trade off between bar width and tarp problems. But that was just me gueesing wild.)

Most likely I have just not read through all the threads on the WBRR, and I'm too lazy to search through them all to check it, but I have not seen a single complaint about the tarp situation. As I way more than once did see about the JRBs.

So, is there no longer a problem? And in fact, is the problem not actually worse? If not, why not?

Or maybe Brandon engineered some way around that? Wouldn't put it past him, that boy is smart. After all, he engineered the incredible multi-layer, removable layer, dif cut Climashield Yeti. Which very few of you are privileged to own, unlike me.

Or is it that almost every one is getting a big enough tarp from the get go and/or one designed with pull outs at the potential contact points, like WB's tarps meant for the WBRR?

Or is it that most every one is using one of Brandon's WBRR socks, and not worrying about any sort of storm pitch or wind blocking with whatever tarp they are using, and just pitching it wide enough? ( I'm guessing Brandon's tarps and/or socks is the main reason no complaints)

Or did I just miss the thread discussing this problem so often mentioned with the JRB bridges? I was kind of expecting to hear this problem mentioned, and was surprised when I did not.

Bottom line: are you WBRR guys having any tarp spreader bar issues and if so how are you dealing with them? All I can do until I get one is ask the users.