Page 33 of 47 FirstFirst ... 23313233343543 ... LastLast
Results 321 to 330 of 462

Thread: Black Friday

  1. #321
    Quote Originally Posted by ezhiker View Post
    Yea, got my 40 and ) degree Phoenixes to day, Set now for summer and winter.
    Cool! Enjoy them!

  2. #322
    Member HungLow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Las Vegas, NV.
    Hammock
    D.I.Y. Tablecloth
    Insulation
    UQ Blank
    Suspension
    D.I.Y. Whoopies
    Posts
    77
    I like all your gear (hammockgear) but your website is somewhat hard on my eyes. When you go from light colored web pages such as seen here on the forum or YouTube, then over to a site having a black background with white type it does something to my pupils. Of course it could be that I was watching to many Shug videos and now crazy too ... That's what happened to Shug you know.

  3. #323
    Quote Originally Posted by glong View Post
    I like all your gear (hammockgear) but your website is somewhat hard on my eyes. When you go from light colored web pages such as seen here on the forum or YouTube, then over to a site having a black background with white type it does something to my pupils. Of course it could be that I was watching to many Shug videos and now crazy too ... That's what happened to Shug you know.
    I like their website better than any other I've been to. I use black backgrounds on every site I visit, though.

  4. #324
    Member Deep Thought's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Toronto, Ontario
    Hammock
    HH Hyperlite
    Tarp
    Waterproof
    Insulation
    SuperShelter
    Suspension
    Whoopie Sling +MSH
    Posts
    73
    Quote Originally Posted by Barlutti View Post
    woohooo. After spending the whole weekend eagerly awaiting delivery, I went to the PO today and got my incubator Mother nature was helping out, and sent some more snow last night . While my new downy goodness lofts, I'm off to clean the yard and set up for my trial run tonight pics coming soon. thanks to Jenny and Adam and all the new elves looks fantastic, weighs in at 26.5 oz and came in a nice grey stuff sack. CHEERS
    Was customs kind to you with your Hammock Gear order, Barlutti? (congrats on your new incubator!)
    I noticed that the usual Canada Post $5 handling fee I've paid in the past was $9.95 on this package. If you (or others) were shocked by the amount, I pulled this from the Canada Post website:
    "As of August 18, 2012, this handling fee will rise from $8.50 to $9.95 for all mail that has been assessed with import duties and/or taxes by CBSA."

    DT

  5. #325
    Senior Member Barlutti's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    North Okanagan, BC
    Hammock
    BIAS WWM, WBBB 1.1
    Tarp
    superfly, tadpole
    Insulation
    HG, jarbidge
    Suspension
    whoopies
    Posts
    339
    Images
    20
    Quote Originally Posted by Deep Thought View Post
    Was customs kind to you with your Hammock Gear order, Barlutti? (congrats on your new incubator!)
    I noticed that the usual Canada Post $5 handling fee I've paid in the past was $9.95 on this package. If you (or others) were shocked by the amount, I pulled this from the Canada Post website:
    "As of August 18, 2012, this handling fee will rise from $8.50 to $9.95 for all mail that has been assessed with import duties and/or taxes by CBSA."

    DT
    ya, 9.95 and then they added tax also gotta love em. and we STILL have the HST ....Gives me an excuse now to travel south in the spring time for some hanging and fishing, and to pick up summer quilts
    well worth the wait and the fees. It took me longer to realize what all the cords were than it did to set up on my BIAS. tightened the draft collars, jumped in and it fit like a glove. A WARM, soft comfy glove 24 * outside with wind, had to remove layers i was getting the opposite of CBS
    life time believer in the afternoon nap

    " the Dude abides "

  6. #326
    Member Deep Thought's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Toronto, Ontario
    Hammock
    HH Hyperlite
    Tarp
    Waterproof
    Insulation
    SuperShelter
    Suspension
    Whoopie Sling +MSH
    Posts
    73
    For those of you eagerly awaiting your downy goodness...

    Here are some teasers.







    Enjoy

    DT

  7. #327
    Member Deep Thought's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Toronto, Ontario
    Hammock
    HH Hyperlite
    Tarp
    Waterproof
    Insulation
    SuperShelter
    Suspension
    Whoopie Sling +MSH
    Posts
    73
    Quote Originally Posted by Barlutti View Post
    ya, 9.95 and then they added tax also gotta love em. and we STILL have the HST ....Gives me an excuse now to travel south in the spring time for some hanging and fishing, and to pick up summer quilts
    well worth the wait and the fees. It took me longer to realize what all the cords were than it did to set up on my BIAS. tightened the draft collars, jumped in and it fit like a glove. A WARM, soft comfy glove 24 * outside with wind, had to remove layers i was getting the opposite of CBS
    I hope you took pictures!!
    I see a lot of all-black under quilts, but I had to go green outer/black inner. I'm curious about other people's fashion choices. Was black on black the big seller this year?
    DT

    P.S. We've got the harmonized tax as well here in Ontario (I don't even think we fought it). There's nothing "harmonious" about 13% sales tax. :P

  8. #328

    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Seattle
    Hammock
    Dream Hammock
    Tarp
    HG Cuben Camo
    Insulation
    HG Incubator
    Suspension
    Whoopies
    Posts
    1,718
    Quote Originally Posted by Barlutti View Post
    ya, 9.95 and then they added tax also A WARM, soft comfy glove 24 * outside with wind, had to remove layers i was getting the opposite of CBS
    Nice photo in your gallery. Looks like it's still lofting up from the package!

  9. #329
    Senior Member JaxHiker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Jacksonville, FL
    Hammock
    Lite Owl; Light Hiker
    Tarp
    Toxaway;MacCat Dlx
    Insulation
    Burrow; Incubator
    Suspension
    Whoopies
    Posts
    2,366
    DT, that's cruel. I like it. Is that Petra in your avatar? Cool place to visit.

    I think Barlutti is never to be seen again. Alas, the downy goodness has consumed him.
    JaxHiker aka Kudzu - WFA
    Florida Trail Association: NE FL Trail Coordinator (Gold Head to Stephen Foster)
    Trail Issues? Please let me know.
    Blazing Trails with Kudzu @ www.idratherbehiking.com
    Follow me @idratherbhiking

  10. #330
    Quote Originally Posted by Deep Thought View Post
    For those of you eagerly awaiting your downy goodness...

    DT
    Nice! A little cruel...but nice!

    A good lesson...don't be too enthusiastic with the box cutter. The hammock is right up against the cardboard .

Similar Threads

  1. Black Friday - I was bad :D
    By Lofty in forum General Hammock Talk
    Replies: 26
    Last Post: 02-19-2014, 14:06
  2. Black Friday
    By Steve D in forum General Hammock Talk
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 11-23-2012, 08:32
  3. Black Friday hang at Black Rock Cliffs
    By Joey in forum Trip Reports
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 12-03-2011, 12:46
  4. Black Friday hang at Black Rock Cliffs, MD
    By Joey in forum Hangouts, Campouts, and Trip Planning
    Replies: 20
    Last Post: 11-19-2011, 08:03

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •