Page 1 of 17 12311 ... LastLast
    Hammock
    Amok Draumr
    Insulation
    EXPED downmat

Amok Equipment - Introducing Draumr

Hello, fellow hammockers!

First of all, I would like to properly thank every single one of you here are HF - I have gotten a lot of good information from this forum, and it never ceases to amaze me how much cool stuff you can find here! I haven't had time (allthough that's a lousy excuse) to participate but I will try to remedy that...

I would like to present a new hammock concept Amok Equipment has been working on for quite some time - We are launching it this summer, and we have just started a limited presale (focused on Norwegian home market).
    Draumr is a transverse flat hammock that acommodates back, side and stomach sleepers. It also converts to a sunbed, recliner, chair and everything in between. It comes with an easy-to-use suspension setup with sturdy straps, cinch buckles and biners. Bug netting is integrated and stored in the left corner - it attaches to the ridgeline and is adjustable from the inside (according to chair position). I have designed the hammock for use with inflateable sleeping pads - I chose this solution as it helps spread out the fabric in addition to giving the hammock proper insulation (relying on the insulation in the pad rather than opting for an underquilt). The tarp is pretty standard, and no, it will not be yellow

Here is a short video introducing the hammock:

Here is a more detailed video (it is in Norwegian, sorry!):

If you want to get updates on what we are doing, you can like us on facebook https://www.facebook.com/amokequipment
    You can also find more information on our site: http://www.amokequipment.com

I am excited to hear what you guys think about it, and will of course try to answer any questions you throw my way.

PS. I noticed that another Norwegian Viking actually beat me to posting on HF (I love it! Amazed by how many peaople have share our video already!), but I hope it is okay that I start another post? This way it is easier for me to answer any questions you might have and be able to update videos and photos etc.

Hammock
    HH/SLD/GTUL/DH
    Tarp
    WL BD/MLD UL/OES
    Insulation
    te-wa/KAQ/WL/HG
    Suspension
    whoopies
    Very interesting design! Well thought out. I hope someone gets one and brings it to a hang so I can check it out first hand. Keep up the good work.
    check out my youtube channel! Trip Reports and hammock talk. - Creekcrossings Youtube channel

My Blog - Creekcrossings blog

Also check out my Facebook page! - Creekcrossings Facebook page

Hammock
    Thunderbird
    Tarp
    Mamajamba
    Insulation
    KAQ, UGQ
    Very Cool. There are a lot of neat things packed into that one package. I like the way it sets up and i love the integrated bottle holder.

Hammock
    Warbonnet BB, Ridgerunner
    Tarp
    AHE Toxaway:UGQ WD
    Insulation
    UGQ,KAQ,Tewa
    Suspension
    strap/buckles
    Images
    And now for something completely different....

Wow! What a great design! I really like it! That is really thinking out of the box! Looks balanced and not that tippy.

Cool stuff!

Senior Member Scotty Von Porkchop's Avatar
    Hammock
    BeUL with stretchy footbox
    Tarp
    silnylon hex
    Insulation
    Down
    Suspension
    Mule tape
    Images
    Wow that is a great piece of engineering, very impressive.

Hammock
    WBBB
    Tarp
    HG cuben w/doors
    Insulation
    HG, AHE Jarbidge
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    That is a cool design. I'd like to see one in person and check it out. Hopefully someone near to me will get one, one of these days.
    *Formerly "kleinrider"; no longer own any Klein bikes, so figured a change was in order.

Hammock
    Amok Draumr
    Insulation
    EXPED downmat
    Thank you so much for the great feedback! We are looking into shipping from our production partner to the US so we are able to send some review samples as well as directly to US customers. Hopefully that will result in some Amok hammocks popping up at events later this summer

The hammock is surprisingly non-tippy! In my experience it's only the getting-in technique that is challenging for first-timers, but once you have done it right one time it's no problem after that (being able to hold on to the ridgeline helps a lot here). The integrated bottle (preferably a cold beer...) holder is something I had to have as soon as the adjustable chair concept was born! I decided against a guitar strap and fishing rod attachment though...
    - Jonas
    Product developer from Norway. Captain of Amok Equipment.
    www.amokequipment.com
    https://www.facebook.com/amokequipment

Hammock
    Warbonnet BB, Ridgerunner
    Tarp
    AHE Toxaway:UGQ WD
    Insulation
    UGQ,KAQ,Tewa
    Suspension
    strap/buckles
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Amok_Jonas View Post
    Thank you so much for the great feedback! We are looking into shipping from our production partner to the US so we are able to send some review samples as well as directly to US customers. Hopefully that will result in some Amok hammocks popping up at events later this summer

The hammock is surprisingly non-tippy! In my experience it's only the getting-in technique that is challenging for first-timers, but once you have done it right one time it's no problem after that (being able to hold on to the ridgeline helps a lot here). The integrated bottle (preferably a cold beer...) holder is something I had to have as soon as the adjustable chair concept was born! I decided against a guitar strap and fishing rod attachment though...
    When you get your shipping and prices set, Pm me. I would like to try one out! Thanks for the innovation!

Hammock
    WBRR
    Tarp
    Superfly
    Images
    Something new and different. I like this a lot!!!

Hammock
    WBBB 1.7 SL
    Tarp
    WB Superfly
    Insulation
    WB and UGQ
    Suspension
    Whoopies or Straps
    Images
    I'd love to see some reviews on this. Good luck on your venture!
    Don't let life get in the way of living.

• + New Posts
  • Page 1 of 17 12311 ... LastLast