Tarp
    SUPERFLY
    Insulation
    HG TOP&BOTTOM
    Suspension
    DUTCH & WHOOPIES
    Quote Originally Posted by Sunbiz View Post
    Now thats funny right there!!

@Doc... yeah I remember those bottles, I think I used to bath in it. And you are correct, use the original Skin-so-Soft formula and you should be good to go. For some reason I can't figure out Skeeters hate it.

But here's the thing, as it's getting toward dusk, that's when the mosquito starts becoming a problem, and there is nothing, and I mean nothing that will drive you out of your mind sooner than not being able to get away from a cloud of those.

But with a little preparation and some experience not only will you find the Everglades a beautiful place to explore but a national treasure to be appreciated.
    Hydrate, hydrate, hydrate and did I mention you must hydrate

@Doc...Valley is this super kayak,my friend just bought an AVOCET... loves it. I'm more of the SOT kayaker (Ocean Kayak) but sit in side's are very popular down in the 10,000 Islands area.

@docterusa... one more thing about the Everglades, and this may sound funny but it can get kind of grim, the raccoons are experts at stealing your water as in chewing through anything plastic and drinking it. I usually either hang it or put it inside my kayak.
    sunbiz
    great info on the coons...
    thanks

Hammock
    WBRR, DIY's
    Tarp
    HG Cuben Winter Pa
    Insulation
    HG Burrow 20, UGQ
    Suspension
    Warbonnet buckles
    Quote Originally Posted by Sunbiz View Post
    Now thats funny right there!!

@Doc... yeah I remember those bottles, I think I used to bath in it. And you are correct, use the original Skin-so-Soft formula and you should be good to go. For some reason I can't figure out Skeeters hate it.

But here's the thing, as it's getting toward dusk, that's when the mosquito starts becoming a problem, and there is nothing, and I mean nothing that will drive you out of your mind sooner than not being able to get away from a cloud of those.

But with a little preparation and some experience not only will you find the Everglades a beautiful place to explore but a national treasure to be appreciated.
    Hydrate, hydrate, hydrate and did I mention you must hydrate

@Doc...Valley is this super kayak,my friend just bought an AVOCET... loves it. I'm more of the SOT kayaker (Ocean Kayak) but sit in side's anre very popular down in the 10,000 Islands area.

@docterusa... one more thing about the Everglades, and this may sound funny but it can get kind of grim, the raccoons are experts at stealing your water as in chewing through anything plastic and drinking it. I usually either hang it or put it inside my kayak.
    Sun biz,

I have been looking for this particular Valley for a LONG time. The OK's are great Glades boats for sure. I keep one in the boathouse here on Cockroach Bay. I have had about 12 kayaks since I was 10 or so and would you know what one of my favorites for the backcountry is? The Walden Passage! They are not made any longer, but it is a hard chined boat with a skeg.

To our fellow tribe,

This is all GREAT ADVICE on the Everglades. Take it all very seriously. If possible go with someone at least your first few times. Things have a way of looking the same after traveling miles. If you do not have some one to guide you, ease your way into it. Take a mile in paddle or hike and camp and out the next day. It is definitely a different world. When I was a kid we could wade waist deep through a swamp or take a bath in one of the natural limestone "ponds" and have someone on shore keep a lookout for large gators. The gators generally naturally stay away from you in places with no human contact. I would probably warn AGAINST this sort of thing these days with the pythons and anacondas roaming under water. Just be careful and use common sense.

If anyone is interested, when I heal up from my spinal surgery, I plan to go down to kill some pythons. We could get together and hang as well.

Cheers,
    Doc

Hammock
    WBBB 1.1 DL
    Tarp
    Hex
    Insulation
    Yeti UQ-Leighlo TQ
    Suspension
    AWS
    Cockroach Bay... man did I kill the Reds down there... now that's a fishing hole!!

My Yak ready for adventure!!
    Last edited by Sunbiz; 11-29-2012 at 21:42. Reason: my yak

• + New Posts
  • Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234