Quote Originally Posted by Sunbiz View Post
Just a quick hello to everybody here... I hope all of you ate way too much and have survived Black Friday.

Just a little about me... I started hanging from trees about 5 years ago. And actually the reason why I got involved with hammock camping is I was doing a lot of kayak fishing.
And there were many times the places I wanted to camp you couldn't put a tent or a sleeping bag down, because the ground was either wet or too rocky.

And on top of that when you could find a campground they wanted an arm and a leg For the night because I had a kayak.

Well needless to say I found Hennessy hammocks and I was in heaven.I've done many two and 3 weekers down on the Everglades.
And when Wilma came through and took the top of my condo off, I took my kayak and hammock and lived on the river for a couple months until all was okay.
I'm in South Florida so a lot of the stuff you guys talk about as far as cold weather camping is something I know very little about.

But if you want to know about how to keep the skeeters from sucking every last drop of blood you have, well now that's something I know about.
So again just a quick hello to say howdy and I hope to learn a whole bunch from you all.
Mike
Mike,
hey from palm beach.... PLEASE share your secret on those blood suckers...Also please let me know if you have some cool hang spots that I can take my son to... Been in Palm beach for only 3 years and would love to find some great spots in south florida..
thanks
Dean