Hello!

I'm 3 months post-chemo and surgery from my second round with testicular cancer. I've been cooped up for over 6 months, and I can't WAIT to get out and go hiking. I've got another month or two before I'm able, so I thought I'd upgrade my hammock to make that an easier process. (FYI, I'm currently cancer free!)

I've had an old velcro entry HH for about two years, and I've had it out a few times. I LOVE hanging, but the velcro is a pain with sleeping pads, and is even worse now as I'm gaining my mobility back. I'm planning on selling my HH setup and moving to a Blackbird Double 1.1. I'm still using my sleeping bag and pads, with the plans of moving towards top and bottom quilts at some point, I just can't afford them right now. I'll be using different closed cell pads depending on the weather.

I'm looking at the superfly tarp as well. I live in Western Oregon, so it's wet 80% of the year. I have more opportunities to get away when the weather isn't ideal, so seems like a protective tarp would be nice. But, are the doors worth it? I won't be going out in anything with weather below 20 degrees. Are the doors primarily for warmth? Or wind and rain protection? I wouldn't mind saving some ounces with the Mambajamba, and I could add the door kit on down the line?

I'm 6'2"/210lbs

Questions: If I want to move towards whoopie slings, which Warbonnet suspension would be easiest?

Tarp thoughts?

Other things?