Custom Gathered End
    Tarp
    Macat Ultra,UGQ WD
    Insulation
    Incubator/Pea Pod
    Suspension
    Whoopies/Dutchware
    Images
    Sam is a 75 lb Golden and she has her own collapsible dog house with closing windows & doors with a ccf pad and it fits under my tarp next to me. Its bulky and wont work for anything except car camping. The first time out she wound up in the car but we're still practicing and it's getting better. I hope she'll eventually feel OK with just a pad under me. She's spoiled and a little old now but I'm happy I can take her even if its just car camping.
    Hootenanny Hang June 11-13, 2021
    Love many, trust few & always paddle your own canoe. American Proverb

Adventure is Calling... nolilearn.org

Hammock
    Dangerbird 72
    Tarp
    HH Hex Tarp
    Insulation
    KAQ New River
    Suspension
    Straps/Buckles
    Images
    During the warmer weather, we have our 50 lb Carolina Dog sleep outside -- she likes the ground. We just string a cable up between our hammocks and have her attached to a leash, basically a dog run. She can come up to either hammock for pets, or to a tree at one end or the other where we have some water out for her. She tends to just lie down right below one of our hammocks. During cooler weather, or when we're expecting a lot of other campers that may set her off with their dogs, we'll usually bring her crate along, and cover it with a poncho liner, to block her vision (she's a sight hound breed), and to help insulate against the cold.

The cocker spaniel will usually just sleep in one of the hammocks.
    "Can't we all just live in trees and hammocks?"
    -- Sam Gribley, My Side of the Mountain

Hammock
    DYI, ENO DB, HH
    Tarp
    Varies
    Insulation
    WOOL
    Suspension
    STOCK
    Well we hang with two dogs. One is a elderly Pug. He likes the hammock. He curls up at the bottom of my sleep quilt, does about 20 cirles, makes a cacoon then sleeps all night. Pug has a fancy portable kennel, it has the tent like structure and then a run covered with a mesh sun shield. He is safe from big birds, and rodents. The crate collapses into its own bag, along with the run. Neat and easy for the car.

The second dog is a Bouvier des Flandres she weights in at 105 pounds. She is now an adult dog and NOT a hammock dog unless I am sitting up holding her upside-down. She loves daytime. Night, nope, she wants in the car, four solid walls and a solid floor. I am slow it took a while for me to figure out her wishes. Now, the vehicle is guarded, she gets a full nights sleep. She is happy to see me in the morning. We both sleep. No way is this rough and ready girl a sleep outside dog. Tents are awful in her opinion, dumb humans she thinks, sleep in this unsafe thing, can't see anything coming at us. Nope not for my little girl. LOL

Hammock
    DIY FLYING BUTTREST Bridge or WBRR
    Tarp
    Leaves/Luck/DIY
    Insulation
    UnluckyGeese of HG
    Suspension
    Whoopiedyne Vines
    Images
    We just tried something different on a short overnighter on the Pinhoti. My friend made a padded digi camo bivy bag for his Boston Terrier, and it cinched closed on the top so that you could adjust it. I think that it had ccf and fleece in the bottom. It looked like a fine idea

I carried a Ruff Wear Mt Bachelor Pad Prototype that we were product testing. It is a bit lighter, but still pretty heavy for backpacking at almost 3.1 pounds for a large. The large , I should add, was comfortable for 2, 80+ pound dogs.

The CCF is about the lightest thing that you can get away with. I also bring extra covers for him in the form of part of a fleece blanket or a piece of a cannibilzed poncho liner.

In places where dogs must be on a leash, you could rig up a lightweight "dog run rig" by stringing whatever lightweight cord that you have and rig up between 2 trees. You can also rig it with stop knots so that your pup will not get tangled around a tree in the middle of the night. I made one with paracord and it worked well.

Hammock
    DIY Extra Wide & Long Tablecloth
    Tarp
    Funky & GG Tarps
    Insulation
    DIY down UQ
    Suspension
    continuous L. Amst
    Mine can all just pile on across the top of me, but I only take one at a time. For my little ones, it can be a bit hazardous when I move a lot and I don't want to accidentally break a leg. Lets face it, 10 would just be too many!!

Hammock
    WBBB 1.1DL/Grand Trunk UL
    Tarp
    Toxaway/Tadpole
    Insulation
    AHE Jarbridge
    Suspension
    Whoopies
    I'll actually be working on a bedroll design for my dog next month. Basically, I'll have a 1/8" Gossamer Gear pad cut into a rectangle for the base. I'm going to sew half a car sunshade onto the bottom of that. Then, I'll double up an Embark brand travel blanket, which is some lightweight fleece backed by ripstop nylon, and put the other half a sunshade between those layers. The finished product should look something like a bivvy for my dog that doesn't close. I'm guessing at the weight, but I'd put it at no more than 8 ounces.
    The adventure begins when everything goes wrong.
    -Yvon Chouinard

My YouTube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/SaabZomb...ow=grid&view=0

Hammock
    HH Explorer, Exped, WBBB
    Tarp
    WB Edge,MacCat Mic
    Insulation
    Phoenix, Incubator
    Suspension
    Stock
    Right next to me.

[IMG][/IMG]

Images
    when it's warm Kaia (75# lab) sleeps under hammock. when it's cold she sleeps in the hammock and lets me sleep in it too.
    "Tenting is equivalent to a bum crawling into a cardboard box, hammocking is an art" KK

Hammock
    Warbonnet Blackbird 1.1 Dual Layer
    Tarp
    Warbonnet Superfly
    Insulation
    Down
    We take our two Siberian Huskies wherever we go and have them tied to two trees near where our hammocks are hanging from. We have a special tie out made for them where they are both attached to the same line. So they only need two trees and they are fine with plenty of room for them to get around. They typically just curl up on the ground and are fine. We bring a CCF pad cut in half for each of them but they typically end up sleeping off to the side of it so I'm not sure it does them a lot of good.

Hammock
    Dutch Hexon1.0 Netless
    Tarp
    MacCat Deluxe Gen4
    Insulation
    EE-Prodigy KAQ-Jar
    Suspension
    Amsteel Whoopies
    Images
    here is what I made for my dog, Sophie, a 14# Lhasa Opso who is really a big dog trapped in a little dogs body.
    Its about 26"x18"x18" and can be strung under a hammock or between two trees. also has a pad pocket in the bottom where I insert my sit pad made from Evasote CCF

• + New Posts
  • Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast