DIY
    Tarp
    Kelty Noah 12'
    Insulation
    Snugpak
    Suspension
    Whoopie

Question Public park stealth hang?

I find it hard to get away to a state park or forest to spend a night or two in peace. I live near a large amount of piblic park property, including two golf courses. I know where I live the parks "close" at 11:00 pm. Do you think itd be a safe bet to stealth hang, so I can at least expirience some woodsy feeling when I get the urge to hang in the middle of the week (yes, that urge gets me alot). has anyone done this before?
    The Urban Outdoorsman- inspiring people to get out and enjoy the great outdoors

View my blog here- http://cityoutdoorsman.wordpress.com

Instagram: Nature_Pro_Pics
    Twitter: @cityoutdoorsman

Hammock
    LeanGreen/BigRed/DIY
    Tarp
    CatCut Hex/GG12
    Insulation
    Fur I grow myself
    Suspension
    Of Disbelief
    Images
    I'd be concerned about getting a vagrancy or tresspasing charge for such things. If you look around you may instead find some bits of undeveloped land around town. It's amazing how much of that there is when you start looking for it.

Also I'd be concerned about any nondowellers who may frequent those areas late at night as well.
    *Heaven best have trees, because I plan to lounge for eternity.

Good judgement is the result of experience and experience the result of bad judgement. - Mark Twain

Trail name: Radar

2014 Smoked Butt Hang Planning Thread | Sign up Sheet

Hammock
    DIY
    Tarp
    Kelty Noah 12'
    Insulation
    Snugpak
    Suspension
    Whoopie
    Quote Originally Posted by Catavarie View Post
    I'd be concerned about getting a vagrancy or tresspasing charge for such things. If you look around you may instead find some bits of undeveloped land around town. It's amazing how much of that there is when you start looking for it.

Also I'd be concerned about any nondowellers who may frequent those areas late at night as well.
    Those are my same worries. Im afraid ill freak someone out whos walking their dog at night or something and ill get in trouble.
    The Urban Outdoorsman- inspiring people to get out and enjoy the great outdoors

View my blog here- http://cityoutdoorsman.wordpress.com

Instagram: Nature_Pro_Pics
    Twitter: @cityoutdoorsman

Hammock
    WBBB 1.7 Double / Eno Double
    Tarp
    WB Superfly
    Insulation
    NA for now
    Suspension
    Whoopies Web
    Usually authorized personnel will drive thru parking spots and see if a vehicle is there. Have someone drop you off. I do this in public lands that close at 8. And continue on fishing after all others leave.

Hammock
    DangerBird 72
    Tarp
    Kelty 12' for now
    Insulation
    UGQ Zeppelin 20°
    Suspension
    Whoopie Sling, DIY
    Mind your tracks DJ. Be sure you're in a "good" section of town, not near rail tracks, highways, or homeless shelters. Be very stealthy. A school mate lived in Theodore Wirth Park for about a decade before being "seen" by hikers that turned him in (read about him in the papers, didn't know he still lived at that point). It can be done, just be safe and cautious. The deep woods are likely safer than most urban parks. Go hiking for a while and see if you find tracks of others and see what they're up to, then find space away from any other's tracks. Afton isn't far and certainly hammock friendly!

Hammock
    LeanGreen/BigRed/DIY
    Tarp
    CatCut Hex/GG12
    Insulation
    Fur I grow myself
    Suspension
    Of Disbelief
    Images
    Check google maps/earth for wooded areas in your town. You may be surprised at how much undeveloped area there often is an most cities.
    *Heaven best have trees, because I plan to lounge for eternity.

Good judgement is the result of experience and experience the result of bad judgement. - Mark Twain

Trail name: Radar

2014 Smoked Butt Hang Planning Thread | Sign up Sheet

Hammock
    DIY, Dangerbird, Night Owl, Eno Dbl
    Tarp
    DIY and cuban
    Insulation
    HG and DIY
    Suspension
    whoopie and dutch
    Images
    in all honesty I would say you are better off in our back yard or heading to Afton, which isn't far. You could also do a day hang at a local park without worrying about getting into trouble, etc...

Images
    It's the only way I camp. Campgrounds are not for me.
    My first and only attempt at staying at a designated site, I got my permits, tried doing everything right. Well, the trail forked and had no signs, so we went left. Came up on a nice clearing by the river, thought we found it. The rangers waited until nightfall to drive by, told us we should of went right at the un-marked fork, and that all those little kids screaming we were hearing was the actual campsite, and in the dark, they made us pack up and leave.
    I got out into the thick of it, hike/drive until I find a spot I like, setting up where I want. Never been bothered once. Even if they did find me (which I doubt), all they do is give me a $50 ticket and tell me to pack up.
    If you want to stealth hang, I suggest to go back to the state parks, and find a spot far off a drivable trail.

Hammock
    WBBB DL 1.7
    Tarp
    Warbonnet Superfly
    Insulation
    HG Incubator
    Suspension
    Adjustable Webbing
    The same idea occurred to me. I was kinda thinking of hanging at the golf course and getting an early tee time. Two birds with one stone kind of thing. However those plans were crushed. Have any of you seen Duck Dynasty, the eposide where security at a golf course detains them for frogging one night. Yep, that's the course I play at. They done ruined my plans.
    I never hike alone. The voices in my head are always with me.

• + New Posts