Tarp
    DIY Silpoly
    Insulation
    Incubator, Burrow
    Suspension
    Bonefire Deluxe
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by tbctx View Post
    Great now its going to be even harder to keep track of stuff given that I've made 7 hangs outside "my region" in the last year and camping in 5 different regions... Can we get a setting to make our personal forums not have the sub regions? Its hard enough going through the main one, I honestly don't think going through 5 forums vs 1 is worth doing at all. Guess I'll have to get people to PM about hangs.
    Ways to work with the new subforums have been mentioned already. This is another reason to encourage use of the calendar. A person can look at when vs where.

Hammock
    WBBB/DIY
    Tarp
    Superfly
    Insulation
    IX/MW3, Mamba TQ
    Suspension
    Custom 2 RL
    I'd have to subscribe to all of the subforums and in doing so make it impossible to sort out the normal thread from the hang threads that I may or may not have any interest it. As for just the recent ones, I'm normally out camping and checking once maybe twice a day so trying to find them that way is a needle in a haystack. As such for those of us spending more time in the trees than at the desk the old way was great and this new method is a nightmare.

Hammock
    Warbonnet Blackbird/Ridgerunner
    Tarp
    OES 12x10
    Insulation
    WB Yeti/Lynx
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by tbctx View Post
    As such for those of us spending more time in the trees than at the desk the old way was great and this new method is a nightmare.
    No need to be hostile, now - this change benefits the vast majority of us who are not so fortunate as to be able to spend "more time in the trees than at the desk". I'm sure you can suffer through a few more clicks to check the two or three subforums that are relevant to you. Calling it a "nightmare" is just a weeeeeee bit melodramatic don't you think?

Hammock
    WL Snipe
    Tarp
    WL Tadpole
    Insulation
    WL SS UQ, WL SS TQ
    Suspension
    Dutch speedhooks
    Images
    Stayed out of this discussion as I'm on here a few times a day and don't miss much. Noticed the changes and figured I'd better check it out. Like the looks of the titleing and the sub forums.

Thank you to the Mods.
    Most of us end up poorer here but richer for being here. Olddog, Fulltime hammocker, 365 nights a year.

Hammock
    Claytor
    Tarp
    MacCat delux Spinn
    Insulation
    CCF and Quilts
    Suspension
    web and buckles
    Images
    I fail to see how the new system is more restrictive to those who look for trips in more than one region. In fact, it should make it even easier since the "hangs" one is interested in attending will not get pushed off the main page as quickly, since there will be less in each subforum.

Rereading my post, it may appear to have a snarky tone. That was unintentional. I apologize.
    Last edited by DuctTape; 12-06-2012 at 17:41.

Hammock
    Varies
    Tarp
    GargoyleGear Ogee
    Insulation
    UQ-varies w/season
    Suspension
    Dutchgear
    Tim is correct, if a tad impolitic. The new system works fine for those with high speed connections and shore power. Anyone using a cell phone data plan in an out of the way place is in for a frustrating experience.
    Dave

"Loneliness is the poverty of self; solitude is the richness of self."~~~May Sarton

Hammock
    WBBB/DIY
    Tarp
    Superfly
    Insulation
    IX/MW3, Mamba TQ
    Suspension
    Custom 2 RL
    You also have the issue of out of regions. Case in point shortly I'll be heading to yet another "not my region" hang, started by someone "out of region" from the hang site and where of the slightly over half a dozen hangers all of i think one will be "in region". Then you have stuff like the Ozark spring hang that pulls 40-50+ people from four regions, less than a quarter will be "in region". Don't say "O make a linking post in the other regions as it would be buried in days making allot of people miss the thread. Frankly this "new" system was beaten to death so many times in the past for the horrible idea it is that most of us couldn't be bothered commenting how bad it was again. Guess accepting that at dead house is dead doesn't work though.

Hammock
    DIY - Canoe Hammock
    Tarp
    DIY Hex Tarp
    Insulation
    DIY TQ and UQ
    Suspension
    DIY UCRs
    Images
    I'm sorry you don't like the new system but logically thinking, it is a much better system. It categorizes all the trips into regions where people know where to look for them rather than scanning through page after page of threads looking for a specific thread, that may not even be labeled correctly. Now, you know what section it is in and that it wont be buried under 6 pages of threads. I am having a hard time grasping why anyone would want various types of information tossed into one pile rather than organizing it into various categories.

If we were to apply this same logic to the rest of the forums then, Top insulation, Bottom insulation, Weather protection, and suspension systems would all be in the same thread section. There is a reason to break things down into categories and that is to allow people to locate the information more easily rather than scanning through multiple pages of threads. If there is a trip posted in a different region, simply click on that region.

Hammock
    Warbonnet Blackbird/Ridgerunner
    Tarp
    OES 12x10
    Insulation
    WB Yeti/Lynx
    Images
    Holy crap you people are being overdramatic. It's three or four extra subforums to check - heck, you can use an RSS reader to combine all of their streams into a single one. Get over it.

I've never seen grown people act like they are victims of a great injustice over something so miniscule and unimportant.

• + New Posts
  • Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ... 311121314 LastLast