DIY - Canoe Hammock
    Tarp
    DIY Hex Tarp
    Insulation
    DIY TQ and UQ
    Suspension
    DIY UCRs
    Images
    Thanks again to the Mods for considering this Suggestion. Im glad to see that a viable solution could be implemented in such a timely manner.

Hammock
    Dream Hammock Dangerbird
    Tarp
    UGQ Winter Dream
    Insulation
    UGQ Full Set
    Suspension
    Cinch Buckles
    Images
    Looks like this just got implemented...glad to see it, and hope people take advantage and USE IT.
    I used to be a somebody, now I just camp.

Hammock
    90"x11' DIY Tablecloth
    Tarp
    UGQ WinterDream 11
    Insulation
    SnuggleBug
    Suspension
    Dutch cinch buckle
    Are all the current threads going to be transferred???? Everything has disappeared!
    Just me being me

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Palmetto State Hangers Treasurer <--Facebook Group Page
    [COLOR="#008000"][SIZE=2]SC Fall Sprawl 2016-Santee State Park - October 13-16---->

Hammock
    DIY - Canoe Hammock
    Tarp
    DIY Hex Tarp
    Insulation
    DIY TQ and UQ
    Suspension
    DIY UCRs
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Junebugdawn View Post
    Are all the current threads going to be transferred???? Everything has disappeared!

Disappeared? Its still there for me..Just scroll down.

Hammock
    DIY or Bonefire Whisper
    Tarp
    DIY Silpoly
    Insulation
    Incubator, Burrow
    Suspension
    Bonefire Deluxe
    Images
    Personally I like seeing what is happening everywhere in the trip planning forum. It gives me a sense of being connected to a larger community. Is it harder to find trips near to me, sometimes. I don't disagree that finding trips could be easier, but perhaps we can better our practices before the mods have to change the software.

I just checked our the HF calendar, which I forgot was even on the menu bar. I did find it to be very helpful in looking ahead at what trips are planned (at least the ones on the calendar). After clicking several of the trips, I noticed that the Sumter NF and the Ohio Mohican hangs in October had a trip synopsis and a link to the planning thread. Not all events had anything to lead a person to the right place.

As has been suggested before, if folks used the STate, Place, Date format in the thread title and on the calendar, it would be very easy to see where trips are at. Once the person clicks the calendar event, the planning link and description of the hang are helpful for those wanting to know more.

We already have the calendar tool available to us, but it is probably under-utilized. I suggest we start encouraging ourselves to make better use of it, along with better thread/trip titles.

Hammock
    DIY or Bonefire Whisper
    Tarp
    DIY Silpoly
    Insulation
    Incubator, Burrow
    Suspension
    Bonefire Deluxe
    Images
    OK. Things just got changed. Looks great JustJeff. Thanks for all the Mods work on this. I look forward to trying out the subforums in the coming weeks.

Hammock
    HH Explorer Zip
    Tarp
    Superfly
    Insulation
    Burrow/Incubator
    Suspension
    Stock
    I think it looks like a good idea. I think that this will be helpful for all in the future.

Hammock
    WB, JRB, WL
    Tarp
    bigger is better;)
    Insulation
    HG, JRB, UGQ, WL
    Suspension
    If it aint Dutch..
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Detail Man View Post
    OK. Things just got changed. Looks great JustJeff. Thanks for all the Mods work on this. I look forward to trying out the subforums in the coming weeks.

+1 Looks Great!
    Thanks to the Mods
    - Loki my videos
    "Climb the mountains and get their good tidings.
    Nature's peace will flow into you as sunshine flows into trees.
    The winds will blow their own freshness into you, and the storms their energy,
    while cares will drop away from you like the leaves of Autumn." — John Muir

Hammock
    DIY - Canoe Hammock
    Tarp
    DIY Hex Tarp
    Insulation
    DIY TQ and UQ
    Suspension
    DIY UCRs
    Images
    Personally I like seeing what is happening everywhere in the trip planning forum. It gives me a sense of being connected to a larger community. Is it harder to find trips near to me, sometimes. I don't disagree that finding trips could be easier, but perhaps we can better our practices before the mods have to change the software.

I just checked our the HF calendar, which I forgot was even on the menu bar. I did find it to be very helpful in looking ahead at what trips are planned (at least the ones on the calendar). After clicking several of the trips, I noticed that the Sumter NF and the Ohio Mohican hangs in October had a trip synopsis and a link to the planning thread. Not all events had anything to lead a person to the right place.

As has been suggested before, if folks used the STate, Place, Date format in the thread title and on the calendar, it would be very easy to see where trips are at. Once the person clicks the calendar event, the planning link and description of the hang are helpful for those wanting to know more.

We already have the calendar tool available to us, but it is probably under-utilized. I suggest we start encouraging ourselves to make better use of it, along with better thread/trip titles.

+1 you are right about this for sure.
    In my State (VA) there is already a solid annual group hang at a park. I am more into the Backpacking so I plan to put together well organized Hiking trips and I will be sure to utilize all of the sites resources.

Thanks again Mods, and Just Jeff thanks for setting up those Sub-Forums and stickies. It looks real good.

Hammock
    WB, JRB, WL
    Tarp
    bigger is better;)
    Insulation
    HG, JRB, UGQ, WL
    Suspension
    If it aint Dutch..
    Images

Good point(s) Detail Man.
    Maybe we can get TallPaul to add something on how to use the Calendar, and suggested best practices for starting a trip thread.
    http://www.hammockforums.net/forum/s...ad.php?t=61443
    - Loki my videos
    "Climb the mountains and get their good tidings.
    Nature's peace will flow into you as sunshine flows into trees.
    The winds will blow their own freshness into you, and the storms their energy,
    while cares will drop away from you like the leaves of Autumn." — John Muir

• + New Posts
  • Page 10 of 14 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast