Quote Originally Posted by gmcttr View Post
While the GG wide pad does work, be aware of a couple of things. It is only 1/4" thick so it's not going to take you very low. As the sides wrap up around you, there is substantial buckling of the pad and I find I need to work it a little to flatten these folds. The plus side is with all that width you're not going to spread out and hit a cold spot off of the pad and it is fairly comfortable.

Contact GG and ask about availability.
I use a GG one, and, yes, the buckling does occur, to some degree. Not too big a deal though, as you simply adjust once settled, and be done with it. As to not being able to go to low temps-gmcttr, I am going to disagree with you (within reason, of course). The 1/4" pad is only insulating you from convection-it isnt providing cushioning, and compressing against solid ground. So, you are getting more, for less. I have been out in 30* weather in mine, and have been fine (with a fully enclosed tarp too, and a sleeping bag properly rated). I have a hang planned this January, and I made a reflectix pad, about as wide as the GG pad, just in case. I am going to give it a go with JUST the GG pad though, provided temps get lower than what I have done previously. I think others here have taken pads lower too. I am not intending to step on toes, so, PLEASE dont take it as such. Just dont simply discount a pad in cooler temps, strictly due to the width of it.