Backpacked into the Birkhead Wilderness Friday and Saturday for a short break. Because I was so tired from the drive and hike in, I didn't build a campfire Fri night. I crashed at 5 Pm, took my bathroom breaks from the Ridgerunner, and my feet didn't hit the ground again until 8:15Am. I never felt better, no pain in my neck, back, knees, nowhere! It made hiking Saturday a breeze.

Saturday night I did build a fire because the nearest towns low was 23 deg. and I figure it was in the teens way out in the bush. For insulation an Army ccf combined with ww ccf and space blanket. On top was a 0 deg. Eddie Bauer bag, it's as heavy as a Buick but did the job. I got chilled about 3 Am from the top and cracked 2 chem hand warmers and I spent the rest of the night in bliss. The bottom was always warm, a little bit clammy maybe from condensation, but very warm and fine.

I wish I would have read the sticky on hot water bottles, that would have been better, I'll try that next time. This forum is a gold mine of info, I'll try to pay it back with pics next time I'm out there.