WWM or tablecloth
    Tarp
    SuperFly
    Insulation
    shamu 40*
    Suspension
    UCR whoopie
    Images
    Got my hammock sock made, no photos yet that will have to be tomorrow... Got my dutch order in the mail so I have some dyneema to play with this weekend... Food gathering is tomorrow though I am pretty sure I have enough all ready I won't tell the ole lady that way I have some extra laying around for that impromptu trip sometime...

I am bouncing around bringing some bacon for me breakfast on Sunday... Anyone got any tips on carrying it... I'm not worried about spoiling, but is sticking it in a Ziploc the best way to go or is there some ingenious thing I have overlooked... Never carried bacon on the trail...
    Live, Laugh, Love, if that doesn't work. Load, Aim and Fire, repeat as necessary...

Buy, Try, Learn, Repeat

Banned
    Hammock
    DIY 12' Channel end
    Tarp
    HH Hex w/doors
    Insulation
    Underwoobie T/UQ
    Suspension
    RacerLoops w/Cinch
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Brute1100 View Post
    Got my hammock sock made, no photos yet that will have to be tomorrow... Got my dutch order in the mail so I have some dyneema to play with this weekend... Food gathering is tomorrow though I am pretty sure I have enough all ready I won't tell the ole lady that way I have some extra laying around for that impromptu trip sometime...

I am bouncing around bringing some bacon for me breakfast on Sunday... Anyone got any tips on carrying it... I'm not worried about spoiling, but is sticking it in a Ziploc the best way to go or is there some ingenious thing I have overlooked... Never carried bacon on the trail...
    Freeze it, then put it in a reflectix envelope. Should still be cold in the morning no matter what the weather.

Hammock
    WWM or tablecloth
    Tarp
    SuperFly
    Insulation
    shamu 40*
    Suspension
    UCR whoopie
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by sargevining View Post
    Freeze it, then put it in a reflectix envelope. Should still be cold in the morning no matter what the weather.
    You look like a bacon guy, I hoped you would have an answer... I have abut of reflectix that was part of the wrapping on someone's Christmas present, I guess I could make an envelope out of it... Thanks for the idea...
    Live, Laugh, Love, if that doesn't work. Load, Aim and Fire, repeat as necessary...

Buy, Try, Learn, Repeat

Banned
    Hammock
    DIY 12' Channel end
    Tarp
    HH Hex w/doors
    Insulation
    Underwoobie T/UQ
    Suspension
    RacerLoops w/Cinch
    Images
    You look like a bacon guy, I hoped you would have an answer... I have abut of reflectix that was part of the wrapping on someone's Christmas present, I guess I could make an envelope out of it... Thanks for the idea...
    Gimme a bit more time and I'll tell ya how to have biscuits and gravy with that bacon.

But then Caveman will complain about how long it take you to pack in the morning-----

Hammock
    WL Lite Owl / DIY
    Tarp
    Tadpole
    Insulation
    How cold is it?
    Suspension
    Always Changing :)
    Quote Originally Posted by sargevining View Post
    Gimme a bit more time and I'll tell ya how to have biscuits and gravy with that bacon.

But then Caveman will complain about how long it take you to pack in the morning-----
    Na....I'll just leave him after I've had my breakfast!
    If you ain't havin' fun, you're doin' it wrong

Hammock
    Dream, Sparrow and Raven
    Tarp
    HG Cuban, SuperFly
    Insulation
    HG quilts
    Suspension
    UCR, always change
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Caveman View Post
    Ok. I've started getting things ready for the weekend. Tore down my kit from the backyard and letting everything air out and fluff up nice before I cram it in it's stuff sack. Got my meals together. C'mon Saturday!
    tore it down? Shoot, I put mine UP this morning. I needed to hang my winter UQ, which I've never done before (bought used here on the forum some months back). So around 9 AM and 24 degrees, I was hanging in the back yard. Hawk Vittles for me. Not sure which I'll bring for dinner. Still need to buy some summer sausage and some flat-bread for lunch. I think I'll just lay out everything on Friday afternoon and start stuffing......
    Call me Junior

Pirating – Corporate Takeover without the paperwork
    "For a couple of bucks, get a weird haircut and waste your life away" Bryan Adams....
    "Hammock hangs are where you go into the woods to meet men you've only known on the internet so you can sit around a campfire to swap sewing tips and recipes." - sargevining on HF

Hammock
    WWM or tablecloth
    Tarp
    SuperFly
    Insulation
    shamu 40*
    Suspension
    UCR whoopie
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Caveman View Post
    Na....I'll just leave him after I've had my breakfast!
    With the right breakfast I'll catch up...

Buy, Try, Learn, Repeat

Hammock
    WL Lite Owl / DIY
    Tarp
    Tadpole
    Insulation
    How cold is it?
    Suspension
    Always Changing :)
    With the right breakfast I'll catch up...
    ? I was planning on having some of that bacon!
    If you ain't havin' fun, you're doin' it wrong

Hammock
    WWM or tablecloth
    Tarp
    SuperFly
    Insulation
    shamu 40*
    Suspension
    UCR whoopie
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by rhjanes View Post
    tore it down? Shoot, I put mine UP this morning. I needed to hang my winter UQ, which I've never done before (bought used here on the forum some months back). So around 9 AM and 24 degrees, I was hanging in the back yard. Hawk Vittles for me. Not sure which I'll bring for dinner. Still need to buy some summer sausage and some flat-bread for lunch. I think I'll just lay out everything on Friday afternoon and start stuffing......
    I do all that tonight... Gotta pick up a little food and then verify that all pack contents are there...

Buy, Try, Learn, Repeat

Hammock
    Dream, Sparrow and Raven
    Tarp
    HG Cuban, SuperFly
    Insulation
    HG quilts
    Suspension
    UCR, always change
    Images
    Note to SELF:!!! DO NOT hang your hammock, TQ and QU under trees when the snow is melting, and NOT put up the tarp. I left it for 2 hours and ran a chore. Dixie cup of water pooled in the bottom of the hammock. TQ just surface wet. UQ hardly wet at all. So now everything is tossed open on the couches. Glad the wife is used to this (and worse.....car hubcaps in the dishwasher.....).
    Call me Junior

Pirating – Corporate Takeover without the paperwork
    "For a couple of bucks, get a weird haircut and waste your life away" Bryan Adams....
    "Hammock hangs are where you go into the woods to meet men you've only known on the internet so you can sit around a campfire to swap sewing tips and recipes." - sargevining on HF

• + New Posts
  • Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast