Hammock
    Dangerbird
    Tarp
    Zpacks Cuban
    Insulation
    3S Incubator
    Suspension
    Whoopies
    Do you really think we'll go thru that whole load of Jobos in 2 nights?

I don't see it, unless you guys keep a fire burning all day.

Hammock
    Camo Clark NX 250
    Tarp
    Custom Smokehouse
    Dunno, we may and we may not. Better over prepared than under prepared is my view, besides anything we don't use can be set aside for use later. It also give me a bit of a workout and another way to contribute to the outing.
    Rules to live by:The Wizards Rules
    Anything can be solved by the proper application of High Explosives. Or a shot of whiskey...
    Meaning of the EOD Badge
    Explosive Ordnance Disposal (EOD) is a science of vague assumptions based on debatable figures derived from inconclusive experiments, performed by persons of doubtful mental capability with instruments of problematic accuracy.

Images
    Looks like we will be getting new snow in the high country starting this Sunday(27th) thru Tuesday. Just what the doctor ordered. Nothing like fresh snow for a winter hang.

I'm slowly packing the SUV. I don't do much car camping so I'm throwing stuff in like a lawn chair for sitting around the fire, couple gallons of water in a large cooler, etc as I think of them.

Images
    I'd like to toss this question out to those that are watching this thread and saying...

Man I'd go to that Colorado Winter Hang if I just had ________________.

If you're missing a piece or two please post maybe one of us can loan you that item for the hang.

Hammock
    Camo Clark NX 250
    Tarp
    Custom Smokehouse
    Ill vouch for what OnB is saying, at the wolf hang I was planning on attending as a ground dweller. Cannibal set me up with a complete, different, hammock setup for the two nights we were there.
    Anything can be solved by the proper application of High Explosives. Or a shot of whiskey...
    Meaning of the EOD Badge
    Explosive Ordnance Disposal (EOD) is a science of vague assumptions based on debatable figures derived from inconclusive experiments, performed by persons of doubtful mental capability with instruments of problematic accuracy.

Hammock
    Camo Clark NX 250
    Tarp
    Custom Smokehouse
    I'm about a quarter of a way through the wood, only a single blister thus far! Wet wood is a pain to split, I've actually considered getting the full sized sledgehammer rather than just my little three pound sledge. Using a mix of buck saw to cut the overly long pieces down a bit, axe to help break in half and split when I can't saw no more nor safely swing one handed, 5 lbs wedge and 3lbs hand sledgehammer for splitting most of the time. And after the majority of a day working at it everything form the bottom of the rib cage up hurts. But it fun, and a good work out.
    Meaning of the EOD Badge

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by jobo View Post
    Actually just one row deep, think they are about 16" long or so.

I ran up to Kenosha Pass today as well snow is melting off pretty quickly and any passenger car should have zero problem getting to the campground (I was in a Hyundai Sonata). Where the snow is still on the road it is packed down hard with many dry dirt areas as well. At the rate it is melting unless something fresh falls we'll be back to bringing in water. Although there is a river only about 5 miles drive from the campground.

Jory
    Hi Jory,
    Did you take any picts? Was the snow in the campground melted?
    When I was there it was about 12" deep in the trees.

Tarp
    WB Mamajamba
    Insulation
    Weighing options
    Suspension
    Whoopie!
    It was a quick drive-through of the campground so I only snapped one photo. This is the middle of the loop at the campground and was the most bare as it seemed to have the most sun exposure. This was taken 1/25.

Good news is the latest weather guess, er forecast, claims 4-9" of snow today/tonight with some more tomorrow. And temps won't be above freezing until Friday.

Jory

Last edited by jobo; 01-28-2013 at 11:47.

Tarp
    WB Mamajamba
    Insulation
    Weighing options
    Suspension
    Whoopie!
    I might have to run back up there Wednesday and see the snow, grab some more pics. Sitting at work anticipating the hang is driving me stir crazy. I really want to be in a hammock instead of at work, anyone ever try hanging a hammock in a cubicle? These frames are pretty sturdy and it is 11.3' from corner to corner, now just have to figure out how to get the boss to play along... might have to get another hammock to put in his office.

Jory

Images
    6 inches of new snow at my place last night. Suns out today. Don't know if kenosha got any.
    I'm getting excited. Really looking forward to hanging and hiking in the snow.

• + New Posts
  • Page 13 of 16 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast