ENO Doublenest
    Tarp
    SilNylon 4 season
    Insulation
    HGBurrow&Incubator
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings

ENO Gear suggestions

If you had $215 to spend on free ENO gear - what would you get?

Gratefully, I have that opportunity because I won their monthly photo contest. I am pretty new to the whole hammock thing so I only have an ENO doublenest and I recently bought some Silnylon to make a tarp.

I haven't made an underquilt yet nor top quilt and I don't have a bug net or anything. I'm tempted to pay the $85 difference and get their Blaze underquilt even though it isn't as good as some others you can buy.

My other option is to get a whole new set like the One Link Doublenest. That would get me a tarp (not silnylon), bugnet, hammock, stakes, aluminum carabiners, and Atlas straps. That way I have another hammock if my wife wants to join me(doubtful) and another tarp since I haven't made mine yet. I don't have a bugnet yet so that would be nice.

Any suggestions?

Hammock
    ENO DN
    Tarp
    Tadpole
    Insulation
    New River UQ
    Suspension
    Whoopie slings
    My concern about the Blaze UQ was that it looked like was made to be pretty constricting. That would turn me off right there.

As for how to spend your money, I think the Blaze Top quilt might be a nice addition to what you have already. Certainly, another hammock would be good to have as well.

Spending money is a fun problem to have! Enjoy!

Hammock
    Dutch PolyD
    Tarp
    HG Winter Palace
    Insulation
    HG 0, 20, 40
    Suspension
    Dutch Whoopie Hook
    Images
    I'd probably go for that OneLink Doublenest. At least you have a serviceable tarp and bugnet, and another hammock to boot. You now have at least one system to get you out in three-season weather. Add a sleeping bag and ccf pad and you can do four seasons.

I have a friend with the OneLink Doublenest setup. He's always trying to get me to sleep in his rig so he can try mine. Not gonna happen - their hammocks are too short, the bugnets too heavy, and the tarp too skimpy. Still, if it's free, I'd go for that setup.

I would skip their UQ/TQ offerings. And don't get the nylon slap straps.
    Last edited by SilvrSurfr; 06-04-2013 at 01:19.

Hammock
    DIY Bic bridge, WBBB
    Tarp
    WB Cloudburst
    Insulation
    Jarbidge/Owyhee
    Suspension
    cinch buckle
    Images
    If you already have enough of their hammocks, I'd probably go with some of their more unique items like the lounger chair, underbelly gear sling, or if you want to use a pad to sleep on when it is cool then go for the hot spot. I'd say that there are better options when it comes to quilts and tarps.

Hammock
    Dutch netless wide
    Tarp
    superfly
    Insulation
    DIY underquilt
    Suspension
    Dutch Spiders
    The questions I would ask myself are Will I be able to spend money on other gear better gear in the next year? For me personally I will not be able to afford an underquilt any time soon, so to be able get the underquilt would be good, but if I could afford an underquilt it the future, then I would look more at the one link system. Another question in getting the one link is who would use it? If you have some friends or your wife then its worth the investment, but if you dont think anyone is interested then not worth it.

Hammock
    ENO Doublenest
    Tarp
    ENO Profly
    Insulation
    Ozark Trail Cocoon
    Suspension
    ENO Atlas
    Congrats on winning! I would go with the onelink just to have a complete Eno set

Hammock
    Dutch Half Zip
    Tarp
    HG Cuben w/ doors
    Insulation
    HG 40degree quilts
    Suspension
    whoppie slings
    If all you have is a doublenest I would pick out a tarp and get the guardian bug net. That gives you the ability to upgrade your current hammock to something you could take backpacking or camping if you wanted to. Plus a tarp is always a good thing to have around for a number of reasons. Even if you don't camp setting up an ENO in your back yard in a light rain is a great way to take a nap and you can't do that without a tarp.

I also liked the suggestion of the hot spot, that is a piece of gear that you can use even if you expand your hammock collection.

There is more technical gear out there but ENO makes a good product and will get you started. I have an entire ENO set up that I let friends who don't backpack use when they want to join me on a trip. I also keep a spare doublenest in my car just in case.
    "The mountains are calling and I must go."
    John Muir

“I only went out for a walk and finally concluded to stay out till sundown, for going out, I found, was really going in.”
    John Muir

• + New Posts