HH EUA-sym
    Tarp
    MaCat Deluxe
    Insulation
    HG 20° Phoenix
    Suspension
    UCR, Dutchware
    Quote Originally Posted by IADC43 View Post
    Seems like when I lay to go to sleep, it feels real nice. When I wake up, I have sagging butt syndrome. My ridge line is a lot more taunt and I am kinda folded. Do these things stretch as much as it seems, or is it just my butt playing tricks on me?
    Hmm, dat not good. I haven't received mine yet. However, ever since my accident, my butt weight is equal to what my normal weight use to be. Report to follow 4 sure as SBS sounds like a real drag.

Hammock
    WL Lite Owl
    Tarp
    Luke's LB HG hex
    Insulation
    HG TQ/UQ
    Suspension
    SlingRings/Straps
    Images
    I got the three I ordered yesterday. I thought it was weird they were shipped from Amazon. Woot must be part of Amazon. That made me wonder if they were on Amazon too. I checked and didn't see a listing for them. They seem real nice from first glance without actually hanging it up. The rope in the end channel came with an S hook but was only held in the end channel by the big knot on the end. In other words it was a loop but not larksheaded just a loop sticking out of one end with an S hook on it and a big knot sticking out of the other end.
    "He who makes a beast of himself, gets rid of the pain of being a man." Dr. Hunter S. Thompson

Please check out the link below to show your love for hammocks!www.zazzle.com/hammocklife

Hammock
    DangerBird 72, GT Double, SBP, UL
    Tarp
    Kelty & Chinook
    Insulation
    AHE TQ/UQ
    Suspension
    Straps/Whoopies
    I ordered two on the 15th and received them yesterday - 3 day transit. I'm giving one to some friends for Christmas. I tossed the ropes and S hooks and installed some whoopies with a double loop and larkshead through the channels. Also added an SRL for good measure. I hung it in the basement to test and it felt pretty good. I really like the larger size. I have a Grand Trunk double and this one is larger.

Because of the width, there is some extra "floppy" material on the sides, but it's not too bad. I did notice a little stretch when I first got in, but that could have been the new suspension setting in a bit too. After the holidays, I'll mod the second one and do some extended hang testing. I don't mind some stretch as long as I don't wake up on the ground. ;>)
    <a href="http://www.curtmoorephotos.com/new-window.php" target="_blank">Curt's Photos</a>
    <a href="http://www.youtube.com/user/scubacat217?feature=mhee/new-window.php" target="_blank">Curt's YouTube Channel</a>

Hammock
    W00T! (so far)2
    Tarp
    DIY Black Cat type
    Insulation
    0* Crows nest UQ
    Suspension
    Straps/CRL
    Noticed stretch again this morning. I'm gonna chalk it up to the "memory foam" quality of the nylon. Still pretty comfy when I woke up
    ------
    Matt

Hammock
    WBBB, ENO DN, GTUL.
    Tarp
    Etowah 10x10 Camo
    Insulation
    Jarbidge, yeti 0*
    Suspension
    Stock WBBB
    I've been sleeping in one for the last month in my bedroom at home and am really pleased with the comfort of it , I take the WBBB when I camp.

Hammock
    HH EUA-sym
    Tarp
    MaCat Deluxe
    Insulation
    HG 20° Phoenix
    Suspension
    UCR, Dutchware

Got Mine Today

Weight is 20.99ozs so that is pretty right on the money.

The length of the hammock is 115 inches (9 1/2 feet) The specs on the site said, 11.5, but that's only if you add 12 inches on each end of rope. Still longer than my 8ft GT.

1st time in, it does have some stretch which will take your butt to the ground. No big deal, just tighten rope, adjust and good to go.

Quality of the material is nice and the stitching is okay as well. (If I was going to purchase another, I would hit up one of the cottage ones here at HF. As there's a big difference between okay and excellent workmanship.)

My Hennessy Explorer Ultralite A-Sym has been my go to hammock since 2003, & will continue to be my long distant hiking hammock. It's getting a make over at 2QZQ with a Mod 4.

I'm going to add a ridge line, whoopie slings, and whoopie hooks.

I'll be using this for home, and one night out hikes.

Overall, not too bad for $27.

Hammock
    WBBB,traveler,yukon &amp; home brew
    Tarp
    Tadpole &amp; Kelty 12
    Insulation
    Jarbridge and woob
    Suspension
    straps / whoopies
    Okay, I took the 11' 6" in their specs to be 11" 6" of hammock material.....I went to install a ridge-line a few minuets ago and thought I must have one that slipped through quality control a bit on the short side. I too measured it to 9 1/2 ft, give or take an inch. I guess it would measure 11' 6" with the suspension but it was a bit deceptive. I like the width and the construction looks good though. Hope it's comfy but I am worried it might feel a touch short.

I slept well in mine this weekend.

Hammock
    HH EUA-sym
    Tarp
    MaCat Deluxe
    Insulation
    HG 20° Phoenix
    Suspension
    UCR, Dutchware

Zip it Up

These hammocks are wide enough that you could put a zipper down the middle of one. The material is not that wind resistant, but I bet it would retain some heat.

Hammock
    Simply Light Tree Runner DL
    Tarp
    Guide Gear 8 x 8
    Insulation
    REI Airrail 1.5
    Suspension
    Whoopies &amp; a Spike
    Alright, I finally got around to hanging in my Yukon Outfitters/Woot hammock. I've got 24 dollars wrapped up in the hammock itself, and last week I bought a set of ENO Atlas straps [to use with whatever my final hammock setup will be] and about 11 bucks on a couple of carabiners I snagged on clearance.

At 6'6" and about 270 lbs., I appreciate the size of the fabric and the fact that the hammock is rated for something like 300+ lbs.

I plan to hang when we camp at night during overnight motorcycle dual sport trips. I think the small size and weight of the hammock setup will serve me well packed up on the back of my DR-Z.

I'm going to keep the suspension on this hammock the way it is, it's good enough for a back yard hang, but whenever I settle on an overnight setup, I'll probably switch to using some Amsteel paracord and descender rings for a drip loop and infinite adjustability.
    Last edited by Highway61; 01-06-2013 at 14:07. Reason: added one more picture.

• + New Posts
  • Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast