1. You guys are amazing. The 'stuff' you have figured out in order to produce the suspension systems and replacements for metal fixtures is great...

2. Technora will remove your finger prints. As I've been using a home made fid to open up the rope and then milking buries, I found that I've rubbed the skin off my finger tips.

3. Technora doesn't fuse. Not even with a blow torch. You whip it, tape it, or shrink wrap it. Dyneema fuses really nice with a blow torch....

4. Related to #3, Scotch tape works a lot better than masking tape. Masking tape has a much higher coefficient of friction. I was not able to pull masking tape through a bury. If I had a real fid, maybe I could....

5. This is addictive - after making a 6' whoopie, I realized I might also need a 3' whoopie. I've still got to go back and make a second 6' whoopie. I'll have to wait a few days for my fingers to heal. I could even modify a whoopie to use as continous ridge line (I might need intervention).

6. I also realized I have a tendency to buy in larger quantities than I actually need. Perhaps the 1000' foot of Technora was a bit much. I'm sure I'll eventually use the 300' of 3/16" Dyneema somewhere (he didn't have any 7/64th - but that is another story).

7. My #2 son isn't impressed. Since I'm a Geezer as well as his father, he doesn't pay any attention to my ranting. I'll get the other scouts and leaders into replacing their hardware with slings and nacrabiners. I'll let them get him hooked on counting the ounces in order to save pounds on a hike. The #1 son gets back from college next week. I'll start working on him to replace the hardware on his ENO. Between the three of us, I might make a dent in the 1000' of Technora.

Now I just need to get a hammock so I can actually use some of this stuff on it.

GeezerScouter