SuperFly or MacCat
    Insulation
    Yetis & Mambas
    Suspension
    Webbing and rings
    Images

Sure is chilly out there!

Exciting news!

We had recorded temps here last night of -19F and wind chills of -34F! Broke the record set in 1905. Anybody know if Turk came to Denver?

I didn't know it was going to get that cold last night or I think I would have been hanging. We are supposed to get to -14F tonight. I've got a couple little tricks I'd like to try while still being close to a nice warm place if I need it, so I think I'll be setting-up tonight.

I may have to move afterwards. Since I want to be able to bail (if needed) I'll be setting-up right outside my townhome. It will be the first time all of my new neighbors see just how weird I am. Wish me luck.
    Trust nobody!

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Cannibal View Post
    Exciting news!

We had recorded temps here last night of -19F and wind chills of -34F! Broke the record set in 1905. Anybody know if Turk came to Denver?

I didn't know it was going to get that cold last night or I think I would have been hanging. We are supposed to get to -14F tonight. I've got a couple little tricks I'd like to try while still being close to a nice warm place if I need it, so I think I'll be setting-up tonight.

I may have to move afterwards. Since I want to be able to bail (if needed) I'll be setting-up right outside my townhome. It will be the first time all of my new neighbors see just how weird I am. Wish me luck.
    That's what global warming will do for ya! Just think how cold it would be without it!

Looks like another extreme test for the WBUQ!

Hammock
    DIY
    Tarp
    Cuben
    Insulation
    Phoenix
    Suspension
    Strap, Whoopie
    Images
    Exciting news!

Best time to test new tricks is close to home.

My neighbor comes over every time I'm testing new gear - he thinks I'm nuts for a) camping in a hammock, and b) doing it in sub-freezing temps. It does give him a good chuckle every time, and it hasn't stopped him from borrowing my tools.

Hammock
    Warbonnet ON!
    Tarp
    SuperFly or MacCat
    Insulation
    Yetis & Mambas
    Suspension
    Webbing and rings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by BillyBob58 View Post
    Looks like another extreme test for the WBUQ!
    You know it! Any little excuse.

Quote Originally Posted by FishinFinn View Post
    My neighbor comes over every time I'm testing new gear - he thinks I'm nuts for a) camping in a hammock, and b) doing it in sub-freezing temps. It does give him a good chuckle every time, and it hasn't stopped him from borrowing my tools.
    Trust nobody!

Hammock
    Warbonnet BB XLC 1.7, Traveler S1.7
    Tarp
    Cuben DIY
    Insulation
    Hammockgear
    Suspension
    whoopie slings
    Images
    Exciting news!

-19F? I think Turk is still in his Bremuda shorts and flip-flops!
    Seriously, good luck and take care. I'm looking at single digits for this weekend...and a maiden voyage for my down winter warbonnet yeti!
    "Every day is a new day to a better future"
    "Of all the things that matter, that really and truly matter, working more efficiently and getting more done is not among them." ~ Mike Dooley
    "What if I told you that you couldn't have anymore of anything... No more friends, no more money, no more anything, until you first got happy with what you have?"~ Mike Dooley
    "The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing." ~ Socrates

Hammock
    Warbonnet ON!
    Tarp
    SuperFly or MacCat
    Insulation
    Yetis & Mambas
    Suspension
    Webbing and rings
    Images
    Really looking forward to hearing how that thing performs animalcontrol! Single digits is a good place to start; if I can stay warm in that range, I know I'm only a few tweaks away from another 10 degrees.
    Last edited by Cannibal; 12-15-2008 at 13:28. Reason: Yet more spelling. I NEED COFFEE!
    Trust nobody!

Images
    Sounds like fun.

Hit 70 degrees in New Orleans this weekend. It was too funny watching people freak out at "The Snow of 2008" last week. Seriously it is called the snow of 2008!
    Is that too much to ask? Girls with frikkin' lasers on their heads?
    The hanger formly known as "hammock engineer".

Hammock
    Warbonnet BB XLC 1.7, Traveler S1.7
    Tarp
    Cuben DIY
    Insulation
    Hammockgear
    Suspension
    whoopie slings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Coffee View Post
    Sounds like fun.

Hit 70 degrees in New Orleans this weekend. It was too funny watching people freak out at "The Snow of 2008" last week. Seriously it is called the snow of 2008!
    Isn't funny how different areas view things...
    I laughed out loud at my sisters neighbors in Long Beach, CA when a "sprinkle" of rain (we didn't even go inside) sent people running for cover and turning the windshield wipers on full blast! Then again, they all laughed when I described "traffic" back in Indiana. Touche...
    "Every day is a new day to a better future"
    "Of all the things that matter, that really and truly matter, working more efficiently and getting more done is not among them." ~ Mike Dooley
    "What if I told you that you couldn't have anymore of anything... No more friends, no more money, no more anything, until you first got happy with what you have?"~ Mike Dooley
    "The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing." ~ Socrates

Hammock
    DIY, gathered end , w/ spreader
    Tarp
    JRB Universal
    Insulation
    DAM/ HG Incubator
    Suspension
    Webbing and rings
    Images
    I'll be looking forward to hearing about your "tweaks" tomorrow.
    PS... Don't let the neighbors looking out the windows bother you... I just hope they don't call the cops
    I too will something make and joy in it's making

Hammock
    Blackbird
    Tarp
    MacCat Standard
    Insulation
    Winter Yeti, MWUQ4
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by FishinFinn View Post
    ...he thinks I'm nuts for a) camping in a hammock, and b) doing it in sub-freezing temps...
    Interestingly, you didn't add c) "camping" right outside my house. Apparently that's not nuts around here anymore!
    “Republics are created by the virtue, public spirit, and intelligence of the citizens. They fall when the wise are banished from the public councils because they dare to be honest, and the profligate are rewarded because they flatter the people, in order to betray them.” ~Judge Joseph Story

- My site: http://www.tothewoods.net/
    - Designer, Jeff's Gear Hammock / Pack Cover by JRB

IMPOSSIBLE JUST TAKES LONGER

• + New Posts
  • Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast