Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Images
    Sorry to hear that. I hope they find out something for you. I went through something similar a few years back when I had my back surgery. It has hard to handle at the time. But eventually things did get better.

I have been meaning to see if you are still in Tampa. I had a couple free days there last month on a work trip and didn't think of looking you up until afterward. No telling when or if I will be back that way. If I am let me know if your up for a bite to eat or anything.
    Is that too much to ask? Girls with frikkin' lasers on their heads?
    The hanger formly known as "hammock engineer".

Hammock
    Blackbird
    Tarp
    MacCat Standard
    Insulation
    Winter Yeti, MWUQ4
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Images
    TBACK - everyone has challenges, and some are more challenging than others. What makes us men (and women) is how we meet those challenges. Embarassment may be a common first response, but your post shows that you're already moving past that and rising to the challenge of facing your condition. One step at a time, one day at a time.

I don't pretend to understand what you're feeling, but I can tell you what I'm feeling...I'm inspired to see someone with that kind of courage. Thank you for posting, and please keep us updated when you can.
    “Republics are created by the virtue, public spirit, and intelligence of the citizens. They fall when the wise are banished from the public councils because they dare to be honest, and the profligate are rewarded because they flatter the people, in order to betray them.” ~Judge Joseph Story

- My site: http://www.tothewoods.net/
    - Designer, Jeff's Gear Hammock / Pack Cover by JRB

IMPOSSIBLE JUST TAKES LONGER

Hammock
    JRB BMBH
    Tarp
    JRB 11x10 Cat Tarp
    Insulation
    JRB UQ of season
    Images
    T-Back,

Hope that medical science will find you some relief and you get to walk in the woods again ... soon

Pan
    Ounces to Grams.

www.jacksrbetter.com ... Largest supplier of camping quilts and under quilts...Home of the Original Nest Under Quilt, and Bear Mountain Bridge Hammock. 800 595 0413

Hammock
    DIY Bridge
    Tarp
    DIY 11x10
    Insulation
    DIY UQ & down bag
    Some of us as we age have a variety of health problems that don't seem to get any better. But share with your friends on HF and at home. They will offer you much support.

Hammock
    WB Traveler
    Tarp
    Custom OES tarp
    Insulation
    JRB Down UQ/TQ
    Suspension
    Whoopie slings
    Images
    T-back, very sorry to hear about your ills. I truly hope you can find some comfort and peace and that you will stay in contact with the hammocking community here. We're pulling for you to get well soon.

"Civilization is the limitless multiplication of unnecessary necessities."
    - Mark Twain
    “I go to nature to be soothed and healed, and to have my senses put in order.”
    - John Burroughs

Hammock
    DIY
    Tarp
    Cuben
    Insulation
    Phoenix
    Suspension
    Strap, Whoopie
    Images
    Brian, hold your head high and spit as hard as you can into that wind! Many of us here have our own health issues, and have laid them out there in the member's area for all to read, and that isn't something that is comfortable but is part of being human. I have similar issues but not to the point of yours as of yet, but I have to keep going on and spitting into the wind every day, because the alternatives aren't very palatable to me. Use that inner strength that got you through your hike, add our good wishes and thoughts to help you through what I know is a very frustrating, depressing time. Set small goals, and reach for them one at a time. Push, but set limits. Reach inside yourself for that strength that only you know is there. We are all behind you, and will help to lift your load in any way we can. But only you can carry that pack to the next camp along the trail. But we are there with you, buddy; slogging in the mud right next to you.

Hammock
    depends on weather
    Tarp
    SWT
    Insulation
    various
    Suspension
    Straps, Dutch Clip
    Images
    T-Back,
    We're pulling for you in every way we can. Let the community know if you need something - you might be surprised at what happens. Keep your spirit up as hard as it may be - it will make the physical side of things more bearable. All the best for a better 2009. But how can you top 3000 miles of hiking?

Images
    T-Back(Brian), I don't know what to say that won't seem like mere words. It is an incredible thing to hike 3000 miles and then be handed the challenge that has been given to you. I'm sorry you are having to go through this. May God bless you and keep you, heal you, strengthen and encourage you.
    Bill

Hammock
    WB Blackbird
    Tarp
    MacCat Deluxe
    Insulation
    WB Yeti
    Suspension
    WB webbing
    Images
    I'm thinking of you and wishing for a speedy recovery.

Hammock
    Hennessey Explorer Ultralight
    Tarp
    Hennessey Hex
    Insulation
    HH Super Shelter
    Suspension
    ring buckle
    Images
    It is a strange thing how, when we need other people the most, those are the times we run away and hide. "The truth will set you free." yeah yeah Platitudes are not helpful. But now that you have expressed what is going on you have given good people permission to do good things. Five years ago I could not walk more than about 15 feet and even now the thought of driving a car after dark is a little frightening to me... and to others. I now have about a 3 miles threshold before my nerves quit to my legs and I end up on the ground.

I tell you that not to try to one up... but to say part of what made the difference in my own world was the ability to rely on other people to help me do the things I can't. Don't go back into hiding. There is freedom in full disclosure, at least disclosure to those folks who care the most about you.
    I may be slow... But I sure am gimpy.

"Bless you child, when you set out to thread a needle don't hold the thread still and fetch the needle up to it; hold the needle still and poke the thread at it; that's the way a woman most always does, but a man always does t'other way."
    Mrs. Loftus to Huck Finn

We Don't Sew... We Make Gear! video series

Important thread injector guidelines especially for Newbies

Bobbin Tension - A Personal Viewpoint

• + New Posts
  • Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast