JRB BMBH
    Tarp
    JRB 11x10
    Insulation
    JRB MW3/SSniveller
    Suspension
    Tri-Glide Set

Banff area suggestions

Does anyone familiar with the Banff area know of a moderately semi-secluded backcountry campsite below tree line? Possibly, a three-day loop in the Yoho, Kootenay, Mt. Asiniboine vicinity? anywhere from Calgary to Glacier NP? I'm looking at a late June/ early July time frame. If it is your double super secret getaway spot, you can send a PM. The location won't be leaked. However, photos might be shared. Thanks for your help.
    Still shakin' it Boss, still shakin' it.

Hammock
    Warbonnet BB DL 1.1 & Lite Owl
    Tarp
    Black MacCat Del.
    Insulation
    Yeti 3,4 & HRQ/HGB
    Suspension
    webbing/whoopie
    Images
    Banff has a forum where you can ask specific questions like "what would be a good 3 day circuit hike etc. Google Banff hiking forum or Banff national park forum. A couple of things to keep in mind is definitely mention you want to be off the beaten track as Banff is like yellowstone in that summer gets millions of visitors and like Yellowstone they don't stray far from the main roads. Also you should be aware of trail restrictions in that there are trails where you have to be in a group with bear spray. There's been a few grizzly encounters over that last few years. Make sure you ask about snow as june is on the early side and when you go be prepared for ANY weather. Sorry i couldn't be of specific trail help

bill
    " The mind creates the abyss, the heart crosses it."

“The measure of your life will not be in what you accumulate, but in what you give away.” ~Wayne Dyer

www.birchsidecustomwoodwork.com

Hammock
    Hennesey Explorer Asym zip
    Insulation
    ccf blue pad
    Suspension
    whoopie slings
    If your looking for a good hiking area to start hiking in Banff, I would recommend Egypt Lake. it's a 4-5 hour hike from Sunshine Village and once at the campsite its has some amazing day hikes in the area ie Whistling Pass, Mummy Lake, and Talc Lake. the campsite has 15 or so tent pads, and numerous trees to hang. It also has a communal shelter that can be used for cooking and eating, or for some people I think it can be rented out on a reservation fee at the banff visitor center. short walk, great views, plus your far enough away that you'll see some hikers out there but you'll always be able to find your little piece sanctuary out there

here's a couple photos from the area.

hope that helps, Ive been backpacking Banff now for about 4 years, I'm no expert but I should be able to answer some questions, cheers!
    Attached Images Attached Images

Hammock
    JRB BMBH
    Tarp
    JRB 11x10
    Insulation
    JRB MW3/SSniveller
    Suspension
    Tri-Glide Set
    Quote Originally Posted by mbiraman View Post
    Banff has a forum where you can ask specific questions like "what would be a good 3 day circuit hike etc. Google Banff hiking forum or Banff national park forum. A couple of things to keep in mind is definitely mention you want to be off the beaten track as Banff is like yellowstone in that summer gets millions of visitors and like Yellowstone they don't stray far from the main roads. Also you should be aware of trail restrictions in that there are trails where you have to be in a group with bear spray. There's been a few grizzly encounters over that last few years. Make sure you ask about snow as june is on the early side and when you go be prepared for ANY weather. Sorry i couldn't be of specific trail help

bill
    Thanks for the advice!

Hammock
    JRB BMBH
    Tarp
    JRB 11x10
    Insulation
    JRB MW3/SSniveller
    Suspension
    Tri-Glide Set
    Quote Originally Posted by roddypeeps View Post
    If your looking for a good hiking area to start hiking in Banff, I would recommend Egypt Lake. it's a 4-5 hour hike from Sunshine Village and once at the campsite its has some amazing day hikes in the area ie Whistling Pass, Mummy Lake, and Talc Lake. the campsite has 15 or so tent pads, and numerous trees to hang. It also has a communal shelter that can be used for cooking and eating, or for some people I think it can be rented out on a reservation fee at the banff visitor center. short walk, great views, plus your far enough away that you'll see some hikers out there but you'll always be able to find your little piece sanctuary out there

here's a couple photos from the area.

hope that helps, Ive been backpacking Banff now for about 4 years, I'm no expert but I should be able to answer some questions, cheers!
    Thanks, That looks fantastic!

• + New Posts