2 adults in 1 hammock

I'm looking to get into hammock hiking and camping. How practical is my wife and myself in the same hammock. I have spent the last few days scanning forums and don't see a lot. Any thoughts or recommendations ?

It's not bad for lounging but sleeping with two in the same hammock is not fun...
    I move around too much to share a hammock...

We have had just about every kind of camper and tent you can imagine. I am getting into backpacking but I know she will want to sleep with me. I'm exploring my options.

Hammock
    Varies
    Tarp
    GargoyleGear Ogee
    Insulation
    UQ-varies w/season
    Suspension
    Dutchgear
    One night of sharing will cure you both, and you can then move on to other "options."
    Dave

"Loneliness is the poverty of self; solitude is the richness of self."~~~May Sarton

Hammock
    DD Travel Hammock/Bivi
    Tarp
    DD Tarp MC
    Insulation
    DD UQ / Thermarest
    Suspension
    T-hugger/whoopies
    There is also the option to have separate hammocks but hung side by side rather than sharing the same hammock...

With a head to toe setup, you can see each other easier than if you have your heads at the same end. Head to toe can also make more efficient use of space.

You can also use walking poles to hold the hammocks apart (loads of illustrations around the forum showing various setups).

I hammock with my two sons and have had all 3 of us in individual hammocks under the same tarp (you can stagger the height of your hangs to make this easier).

Hammock
    AHE 1.1 dbl
    Tarp
    AHE Shangi La
    Insulation
    KAQ Prototype
    Suspension
    AHE Whoopie Slings
    This comes up every few weeks. There are some folks that have made it work but not many. As a test to see how it would work lay both of you on a recliner...love seat...what have you. Now one of you flop 80% of your weight onto the other and try to take a nap, for 8 hours. Pretty quickly you will find that someones arm is going to sleep, leg is numb, elbow where its not comfortable. But as your pressed together with no room to move, roll over, stretch without one person total getting up the comfort your experiencing will only grow through the night.

Sure its fine for a while. My Wife and I string a hammock up here at home on a regular basis to snuggle, and or do some Dynamic Load testing but for on the trial we each have our own hammock. We hang our close around the fire if we need some close time and our hammocks are generally hung side by side but for us to comfortably sleep though the night we each need to be able to stretch out, breath and have our own room without squishing each other into misery.

Now of course there is another option to be "close" in a hammock but not in separate shelters. Check out the Clark Vertex...its a very cool concept but it comes at a premium $$$
    Arrowhead Equipment -- For all your hammock camping and backpacking gear
    Arrowhead-Equipment.com Visit AHE on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Check out pictures on Instagram

Hammock
    ENO DN
    Insulation
    DIY Underquilt
    Suspension
    Whoopies
    ive tried it, it did work, but it is much more comfortable with only one person in the hammock, personally

Hammock
    HH explorer deluxe
    Tarp
    hex tarp
    Insulation
    wrapped 2" airpad
    Suspension
    ascenders/biners
    Give up now and save yourself the bruises and lack of sleep
    Go to Heaven for the climate, Hell for the company.
    Mark Twain

Hammock
    ENO DoubleNest
    Insulation
    down UQ
    Suspension
    Whoopies
    It's great for cuddling, but sleeping is different. I've done it with my boyfriend, but we both kept waking up and moving around during the night. It was ok for being close, but its much more comfortable with your own hammock.

• + New Posts