Hammock
    Hennessy Explorer Deluxe
    Tarp
    DIY Hexish Tarp
    Insulation
    UGQ Zeppelin
    Suspension
    Whoopie slings
    I'm on their mailing list Hammock Life. At the end of every year they have a big sale where they sell off anything they used for display, or any returns that they repaired. Pretty sweet deals. I ended up getting a typhoon, undercover, and a scout hammock all at drastically reduced prices. Then got a free cub hammock just in the new year with another order.

Hammock
    DYI, ENO DB, HH
    Tarp
    Varies
    Insulation
    WOOL
    Suspension
    STOCK
    Gee, since people seem to have a new liking for the tarp, I think I will dig mine out of "I will never use this storage" and list it for sale.

Both of the Typhoon and Monsoon are Camo, a heavy material, I really dislike them. I only set them up once stood inside and thought, I do not like this, at all too heavy too dark.

Plus now, I have learned how to keep the rain out even in a major storm on the North Oregon Coast. It took me a while to figure out how to keep dry, other members told me there was a way. I finally figured it out.

Anyway, I do not like them, they just are not for me. Kind of buy it, try it, decide, I decided nope. I never thought anyone else would want one, there you go, that is why there are so many different types of equipment out there. I guess I feel like my tent would do the same thing as the PHOON's, if I just hung the tent off the ground. My tent would be lighter weight and less dark inside.

I will take it out of its resting place list it and be rid of it. Thank you for letting me know that there is an interest in them.

Hammock
    DIY The Green Machine
    Tarp
    Tad Pole
    Insulation
    TQ TBA UQ HG 20
    Suspension
    UCR Whoopies
    Quote Originally Posted by NWOHanger View Post
    I'm on their mailing list Hammock Life. At the end of every year they have a big sale where they sell off anything they used for display, or any returns that they repaired. Pretty sweet deals. I ended up getting a typhoon, undercover, and a scout hammock all at drastically reduced prices. Then got a free cub hammock just in the new year with another order.
    I will definitely get on their mailing list, thanks for the heads up....
    ~My therapist has told me that the first step to recovery is admitting my problem, Hello I'm a Hammockolic~

Hammock
    DIY The Green Machine
    Tarp
    Tad Pole
    Insulation
    TQ TBA UQ HG 20
    Suspension
    UCR Whoopies
    Quote Originally Posted by HURTHEART View Post
    Gee, since people seem to have a new liking for the tarp, I think I will dig mine out of "I will never use this storage" and list it for sale.

Both of the Typhoon and Monsoon are Camo, a heavy material, I really dislike them. I only set them up once stood inside and thought, I do not like this, at all too heavy too dark.

Plus now, I have learned how to keep the rain out even in a major storm on the North Oregon Coast. It took me a while to figure out how to keep dry, other members told me there was a way. I finally figured it out.

Anyway, I do not like them, they just are not for me. Kind of buy it, try it, decide, I decided nope. I never thought anyone else would want one, there you go, that is why there are so many different types of equipment out there. I guess I feel like my tent would do the same thing as the PHOON's, if I just hung the tent off the ground. My tent would be lighter weight and less dark inside.

I will take it out of its resting place list it and be rid of it. Thank you for letting me know that there is an interest in them.
    How much for the Monsoon?
    ~My therapist has told me that the first step to recovery is admitting my problem, Hello I'm a Hammockolic~

Hammock
    HH Explorer Deluxe+2QZQ Mod #4
    Tarp
    HH Hex w/ 2QZQ OFS
    Insulation
    OWL 20* TQ/UQ's
    Suspension
    Whoopies+Biner

If the price is right, I might have an interest in both/either.

Hammock
    WBBB XLC 1.1 Dbl
    Tarp
    Mamajamba
    Insulation
    AHE Jarbidge
    Suspension
    WB Cinch buckles
    Images
    thanks to the HH odds and ends sale back in October, I was able to get my first hammock and now I'm hooked (only 1 time hanging until this weekend).

I want to get another hammock so I can pass my first one on to my son. Have to wait for the fall and save money.

They also have a monthly drawing for a dream hammock setup. You have to be on the email list. Chances are probably better than the lottery but I'm not banking on winning that and getting my dream setup (Explorer Deluxe Ultralight with a big tarp and all the cold weather trimmings)

Hammock
    HHEA, HHEUL, HHSD, GTUL
    Tarp
    DIY KindaLite 1.1
    Insulation
    TQ, DIY Fusion UQ
    Suspension
    W-Slings, Trunks

Well, both the Typhoon and Monsoon are available in the light 30D silnylon (lightweight and somewhat see-through) and the heaver (and presumably darker) 70D poly, so if light transmission is a concern the silnylon version might be a better bet.

At any rate, I'll keep my Typhoon as part of my tarp collection. It'll serve a purpose (total coverage from wind/rain) that my lightweight asym and cat tarps don't. It might be overkill, but with the recent popularity of the doored "winter" tarps it'll be worth using if the conditions demand it.

• + New Posts
  • Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123