DIY End Channel
    Tarp
    DIY Winter tarp
    Insulation
    Zeppelin and sb
    Suspension
    Amsteel UCRs
    Images
    I'm not sure about the 3x3 tarp, probably not though, the cloudburst has pull out points on it so the spreader bars don't touch the tarp and it is an extra 30cm or so longer.

Although if it is long enough, you could use a small smooth object and put it on the inside of the tarp where the pull outs should be and tie guyline around the object through the tarp and that would work the same... not sure how well I explained that.

Hammock
    Martian Bridge (DIY)
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by ed_cik View Post
    I really need your guys help that have been to many hangs and have used many different types and models of hammocks!

I haven't even really spent a night in a hammock, I did sleep in a hammock with a steel frame for a night but haven't hang free in the open!

Also I see that the WBRR doesn't come with a trap which is a good tarp to get that wont cost me an arm and a leg? Are the DD tarps good?
    Greetings Eddie

Since you mentioned that you haven't spent a night in a hammock, I might suggest making a very inexpensive DIY gathered end hammock to see if you like it. Just find some inexpensive fabric, doesn't have to be ripstop nylon. Polyester taffeta would work top. Whip the ends and add some not stretch rope for a suspension and test it out. The following link shows how.

http://www.imrisk.com/testhammock/testhammock.htm

You may find that you may not like a gathered end style hammock. Which then puts you into the bridge style hammock camp.

Good luck
    Good judgment comes from experience, and often experience comes from bad judgment. - Unknown

Eastern Great Lakes Trip Planning Announcement thread. Subscribe to keep informed on upcoming group hangs in this area.