What a miserable screwed up time I had on the KT..... NOT!!!!!!!

Started at the New Chapel trail head, and worked my way north. I got started a little late...so this is how it went.

Thursday Evening:
Hiked in approx. 1.8 miles, found a nice level spot on the side of a hill, with 2 perfect trees about 18 ft. apart. Dinner was chicken breast, baked potato, salad, cheese, and a nice glass ( cup ) of white wine.

Friday:

after a breakfast of scrambled eggs, toast, and bacon, I traveled North climbing some un wanted hills.. At 1 pm, took a break and had some GORP and water. hiking on north, I traveled until 5 ( ish ) pm and set up camp. first day i made it to Elk Creek.

Saturday, I was laying in my hammock, sipping on some much needed Coffee, and it proceeded to rain.....by 9 am, it was raining harder, and a small creek I was near was actually starting to swell somewhat. No danger of it getting me me, but still rising..
My noon it had stopped, and i headed north. 6 ( or so ) miles later I made it to Oxley, and found a very nice set of pines begging me to stay the afternoon, and night.
That evening, dinner was a mountain house roast beef, and potatos/carrots, and peas dinner. finished off the wine, and read a few chapters on the e-book, and drifted off to sleep.
Sunday morning, I rolled out of the hommock with a charlie horse, and just darn near cried my eyes out......walked it off, and finally broke camp, and headed for Spurgeon Hollow.....breakfast was granola, water, and some GORP.
Close to 10 am, I called the wife, and asked her to pick me up around 2 at the trail head....I arrived at 1:30, and relaxed until she arrived...good time, and ready to do it again, this time go south. I didnt shoot any pics, left the camera in the car, but had an awsome time...There is just something about doing a solo hike for a few nights to get your head back on straight.

*** ATTENTION***
During my time on the solo hike, I had my cell phone, charger, GPS, compass, and Map of the area. WHile there are dangers in solo hiking, I consider myself a seasoned vet of hiking. ( i was in the military and learned to live in the wilderness )

THanks

Jerry