Thread: New low temp

Smile New low temp

Hit my lowest temp so far (17 degrees) this weekend on a campout with my son's scout troop. I tied my poncho up under my hammock with some trashbags Garlington Insulator style, and used a homemade SPE with a ccf pad and an Insulmat 3/4 pad. I tend to sleep cold, so I was using a 15 degree bag and had one layer of microfleece on. Nice and comfy!

We worked on outdoor skills; knife and axe use, firebuilding, map and compass, backpacking stoves and cooking. I did a demonstration on sharpening knives and axes. The boys all did great, even with the frozen rain we got later in the weekend. I've posted a pic of me and my oldest son("Number 2" son will be joining next year ), and my setup if you're interested!

Images
    Nice pics. I really enjoyed my years in scouting. If I have time after my hike, I thought about getting involved again.
    Is that too much to ask? Girls with frikkin' lasers on their heads?
    The hanger formly known as "hammock engineer".

Hammock
    Custom 1.7/1.1 WB Blackbird
    Tarp
    DIY SWT
    Insulation
    JRB Nest & DIY RMS
    Suspension
    Whoopee Slings
    Images
    Nice pictures and congrats on your new low. Scouting is a great program and opportunity to be involved in your sons' lives. Stay involved, it's a fact that those boys with parents involved do better and stay in longer. My boys are out now but I stay involved with our troop. It's a great way to interact with today's youth and impact some of tomorrow's leaders.
    Stoikurt
    "Work to Live...Don't Live to Work!"

Hammock
    DD modular jungle hammock
    Tarp
    wilderness logics
    Insulation
    wilderness logics
    Suspension
    whoopie sling
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by chazmo View Post
    Hit my lowest temp so far (17 degrees) this weekend on a campout with my son's scout troop. I tied my poncho up under my hammock with some trashbags Garlington Insulator style, and used a homemade SPE with a ccf pad and an Insulmat 3/4 pad. I tend to sleep cold, so I was using a 15 degree bag and had one layer of microfleece on. Nice and comfy!

We worked on outdoor skills; knife and axe use, firebuilding, map and compass, backpacking stoves and cooking. I did a demonstration on sharpening knives and axes. The boys all did great, even with the frozen rain we got later in the weekend. I've posted a pic of me and my oldest son("Number 2" son will be joining next year ), and my setup if you're interested!
    awesome man,i could not use my hammock on my sons scout trip this weekend,we slept on a dirt rock floor in a cave at cumberland caverns,it was a great trip still neo

• + New Posts