Ok so Heres the deal, I have recently moved which by all means is great but... I no longer have a basement full of exposed studs for my hanging pleasure. The room I have taken as my man cave is a room in my basement that is completely finished so I dont want to just go hog wild. (I dont own this home yet)
I see three options:
1) Attach I bolts into the studs in my ceiling-this would mean filling holes and painting ceiling if I ever move
2) Attach I bolts into the block wall-again, I would have to patch wall and paint
3) I could build a turtle lady stand of sort
1) Would a turtle type stand hold a 300 lbs hanger who's toddlers like to swing with him?
2) Of the two I bolt options which one would be stronger?
(Ive hung from 2x6's and they were fine BUT I attached my bolts from the side....these would be screwed strait up into the narrow side of the board)
3) Of the two I bolt options which one would be easier to repair and make new again?
If it helps and there are two places in the room that have exposes 2x4's or 2x6's. They are in closets and I could just open the doors when I want to hang. It does limit me a little as to where I have to place my other attachment point. Either way if I utilized the exposed joists I would have to attach the other point to the ceiling, the block wall would be OUT due to the angle of hanging.