Hammock
    Warbonnet Blackbird
    Tarp
    Warbonnet Superfly
    Insulation
    Warbonnet UQ & TQ
    Suspension
    adjwebbing/whoopie
    I have a DN and its good and all but I have to say my Warbonnet Blackbird is the best.
    God gave me two good legs and two good eyes I better use them.

Hammock
    WB Ridge Runner
    Tarp
    UGQ Winterdream 13
    Insulation
    Cheap Mummy/ Pad
    Suspension
    Dutch Spiders
    Images
    I am really wanting a WL Snipe or Lite Owl
    Bacon and Camping makes me happy.

"When life gives you lemons throw them back"
    Me

I camp in bear country and I am a bear Burrito.

Hammock
    Eno Dn, Sn, DIY "Ahote"
    Tarp
    DIY soon
    Insulation
    Pad
    Suspension
    Whoopie and straps
    I'm new to the hammock and other than the issues I've had with the Eno slap strap pros stretching on me I'd have to say I love the DN. I am currently looking to do some upgrades for convenience purposes, but she's a keeper.

The ENO is a great starter hammock though i have had mine for a while and will not buy another anytime soon. It is super comfortable and durable. The material is a little heavier than most but imo is what makes it so durable. It breathes well so it is great during the summer months. As with any hammock you can convert it to a 3 or 4 season with adequate under quilt and top quilt. The only knock I would say is the length. I am 6' and that is about the max height for the hammock but anyone 6' or under should be golden.

Hammock
    ENO Double Nest
    Tarp
    MambaJamba
    Suspension
    Slap Strap
    Quote Originally Posted by zenoptic View Post
    I have slept every night for two years in my DN and love it. I am 6 foot 300+lb and sleep on my side. Byer of Main stand at the house and slap straps when camping. Looking for a UQ now and am leaning toward the polar pod.
    It is 2016 now so I have been sleeping exclusively in a hammock since 2010, mostly ENO DN, sometimes change it out for a Brazilian cotton double wide hammock. I always camp in me Eno.

Hammock
    ENO DBL NEST
    Tarp
    ENO Pro Fly
    Insulation
    HG Incubator 20
    Suspension
    Atlas Straps
    I too am 6"1' 300#... Ive been hiking with my dn for the past two years and love it. I absolutely hat the ground... I also use the ENO pro fly tarp and the ENO guardian bug net. All have worked great in the field. It rained for three days in the Adirondacks last year and I was dryer than when I got in it. As far as fighting of the cold I invested in a HG incubator 20... I'll let you know how that works out in a cpl weeks...

Hammock
    Blackbird XLC
    Tarp
    Mamajamba
    Insulation
    LLG Habanero UQ
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    I was never able to get comfortable enough to sleep in an ENO all night, only tried twice but it just didn't happen. Slept straight through the night first time I hung in my XLC.... Just prefer th 11' hammocks... All the ENO stuff is super heavy too... The ability to talk directly to the person making your gear can't be beat!

I have the DN, and it is more comfortable than my regular bed. I have a couple of blown discs, and the support it gives my back is incredible. I fall asleep on my back, which is something that I can't do on my regular bed.

Hammock
    Dutchwear Hexon 2.4
    Tarp
    KeltyNoah12
    Insulation
    HGIncub20UQ MH20TQ
    Suspension
    Whoopie Sling
    I started with a ENO DN and thought it was great; it's what hooked me in to hammocking, but the fabric always felt slightly itchy on my skin, so I always wore t-shirt and boxers.. I recently switched to a Dutchwear Hexon.

ENO DN is 9'4", I think, and the Dutch is 11'. The extra length seems to help a lot with calf-ridge and the fabric is comfy enough for being au naturale. The DN is wider, but I prefer to sacrifice it for the extra length. I'm 6' though and it may not be as big a deal for someone smaller.

If your plan is to get a ENO and then modify it, you may be better off going with something else. When you buy an ENO, you are also buying the loops and caribiners that come with it. A Dutchware cost $35 plus loops and such whereas a ENO costs more plus the cost of mods.

Hammock
    ENO Double nest
    Tarp
    ENO ProFly XL
    Insulation
    PLUQ
    Suspension
    ENO Atlas Straps
    I like my ENO DN. I've not had the opportunity to hang in anything longer though. I'm 6'0" and 210ish.

• + New Posts
  • Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast