HED / ENO DN
    Tarp
    H/Hex
    Insulation
    HSS / Ember
    Suspension
    whoopie slings

Eno dn

Just wanted to know what the general opinion of the eno doublenest was. How many use it and what are your thoughts about it? Is it a hommock which can be upgraded for 3 or 4 season use? ect. Thanks for your input.
    "Hang In There"
    Leave It Better Then You Found It!!!

Hammock
    WL Lite Owl, WB Ridgerunner
    Tarp
    WL Tadpole
    Insulation
    AE Jarbidge, bag
    Suspension
    buckles/whoopies
    I owned an ENO DN for several months and recently upgraded to a Wilderness Logics Lite Owl. The Lite Owl is about 1' longer, but is not nearly as wide as the ENO. The Lite Owl is way more comfortable in my opinion. I can lay on my sides and stomach, which I was never really able to do in my ENO.

I do like the material ENO uses. It's really light and breathable, which is great for warm weather hanging. However, mosquitos will bite right through the fabric, which I discovered one morning when I woke to my back being full of welts. But, I really like the material WL uses as well. I doubt I will ever use my ENO DN again (I'll probably give it to my dad or someone).

The ENO is a good bit heavier than the WL LO, even after I removed the stock suspension. The Double Nest has lots of extra fabric to give it its "double width."

You can definitely upgrade the ENO to 3-4 season use by adding a UQ. The Lite Owl is probably better for 3-4 season use because it is double layer and because you can slide a pad between the layers.

Considering everything, I would go with something from WL or the other vendors that support this site.

Hammock
    DIY Tablecloth
    Tarp
    Superfly
    Insulation
    KAQ Jarbridge
    Suspension
    Whoopies
    I don't have a lot of experience with any hammock. I will say that my DIY tablecloth hammock is more comfortable though. I think it's because the DN is a little bit shorter. My wife has no issues with the DN so it's probably really in the eye of the beholder and you won't really know until you try one out.

Hammock
    Eno
    Tarp
    Warbonnet Superfly
    Insulation
    Air pad & UQ
    Suspension
    JRB nylon straps
    I enjoy mine. I use a REI sleeping pad with a chair kit left on it(bars in) so the DN works very well I did remove the ropes and carabiners and now use Jack R Better straps and buckles. I use a Leigh Lo underquilt dring the cold months. I also like the material the DN is made from.

Hammock
    HH Explorer UL with Mod 4
    Tarp
    Gargoyle Custom
    Insulation
    Leigh'Lo/HG
    Suspension
    Adjustable Straps
    I have my doublenest in my room, i like it..
    Winter use is more the Quilts or other insulation than the hammock.
    Dont really need a net in the winter, no real bug issue that time of year.
    My DIY Pulk Project
    http://www.landofrath.com/?p=573

I have both a SN and a DN hanging up in my basement at the moment. Like others have said, I really like the material they use, and there's a lot of it. I'm a little under 6 feet, and I lay in it comfortably aligned with the hammock, diagonally [GREAT flat lay], on my side, my stomach, and even stretched out horizontally [yes, it's that wide]. The thin material is great during the warm nights when all you need is a bugnet and maybe a tarp. In the colder months, you'll definitely want either an underquilt or something else to insulate your back - you can feel even the slightest breezes through the hammock.

Hammock
    Eno dn/BAIS
    Tarp
    real tree hunters
    Insulation
    peapod
    Suspension
    whoopie
    I like my ENO DN so much I just traded some stuff for three of them. Now my whole family as one. I sleep in mine every night and it still looks new. I think for the money they amazing. I should say I have a bias camper xl coming but I got it because those guys are super cool, not for any thing wrong with eno.
    Carpe noctem!!

Hammock
    WBRR
    Tarp
    UGQ Hanger 11 WB
    Insulation
    3S Phnx/1S GoLite
    Suspension
    Straps/Whoopies
    Images
    I sleep in a DN every night and love it. I love the feel of the material and the width also makes it a GREAT lounging hammock for watching tv and stuff like that. I don't know that I would use it down here in the woods (I have a BB for that) but as far as comfort it is great. I hang mine with lots of sag and it is probably my favorite side sleeping hammock (after my big mayan hammock... which is my comfiest hammock by far). I'm 6'2" 220 so the length isn't an issue for me but I do want to try one of the super wide tablecloth hammocks.

Anyhoo... it's a great hammock, very comfortable, and I would think that with UQ and bug netting it should do just fine out in the woods. Since most of my trips to the woods involve me carrying my gear on my back I would stick with some of the lighter weight models that are meant for backpacking.

Dave
    The best things in life aren't things. -- Art Buchwald

Hammock
    Dutch 11ft W 1.6
    Insulation
    Blanket
    Suspension
    Atlas Straps/ EXT
    Quote Originally Posted by samsara View Post
    I sleep in a DN every night and love it. I love the feel of the material and the width also makes it a GREAT lounging hammock for watching tv and stuff like that. I don't know that I would use it down here in the woods (I have a BB for that) but as far as comfort it is great. I hang mine with lots of sag and it is probably my favorite side sleeping hammock (after my big mayan hammock... which is my comfiest hammock by far). I'm 6'2" 220 so the length isn't an issue for me but I do want to try one of the super wide tablecloth hammocks.

Anyhoo... it's a great hammock, very comfortable, and I would think that with UQ and bug netting it should do just fine out in the woods. Since most of my trips to the woods involve me carrying my gear on my back I would stick with some of the lighter weight models that are meant for backpacking.

Dave
    Hey, do you still sleep in your DN? I'd like some help with my setup to get the right flat lay in mine... It's alright and can get pretty flat but i have mine pretty tight... Indoors, 11.16 ft hook to hook, 86" high (above bed), right now i have 12" suspension for feet and 24" for head. Any tips for sleeping in it? Been doing it for about a week amd haven't gotten very comfy sleep at 6', 175lbs. But today i'm trying what i said above. Thanks!

Hammock
    diy hexon 1.0
    Tarp
    DIY sil-argon
    Insulation
    HG TQ, UQ
    Suspension
    Whoopie hooks
    Quote Originally Posted by ReneFloresVlogs View Post
    Hey, do you still sleep in your DN? I'd like some help with my setup to get the right flat lay in mine... It's alright and can get pretty flat but i have mine pretty tight... Indoors, 11.16 ft hook to hook, 86" high (above bed), right now i have 12" suspension for feet and 24" for head. Any tips for sleeping in it? Been doing it for about a week amd haven't gotten very comfy sleep at 6', 175lbs. But today i'm trying what i said above. Thanks!
    Have you tried putting a ridge line on it? It made a world of difference for me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I'd quote a certain book, but that is not allowed.

• + New Posts
  • Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast