Hammock
    ENO Doublenest
    Tarp
    WB Superfly
    Insulation
    HG Econ TQ & UQ
    Suspension
    Beetle Buckles
    I have a DN and don't have any issues with it. With being said, it is the only hammock that I have owned (had it for the last 4 years) so I obviously have nothing to compare it to. If i were able to compare it to several other brands/models, then who knows, maybe I would find something I like better, but for now I like it. I am a side-sleeper at home and when I I use my DN I have no problem sleeping flat in a diagonal lay or sleeping on my side.
    YouTube Channel
    Great Lakes Backpacker
    https://www.youtube.com/GreatLakesBackpacker534

Hammock
    Hexon 1.0/WBRR
    Tarp
    Cloudburst
    Insulation
    Incubator/Lynx
    Suspension
    Kevlar+Whoopie
    Great for lounging, not so much for sleeping through the night, in my opinion. If you have kids this is a good hammock to let them thrash around in without worrying about it getting ruined.

I'm 5'10" and have no issue sleeping in my ENO DN. Having said that, I got bitten by the DIY bug and have since made a couple more hammocks and a longer hammock (10-11') is a lot more comfortable for me, even if it's only 58-60" wide. If you wind up with a DN as a gift or bought one prior to getting deep into hammock camping, there's no reason to feel bad about it. I passed mine on to my 9-yo daughter, it's basically a condominium for her.

OTOH, if I were starting from scratch knowing what I know now, I'd never buy an ENO when I can get a superior hammock for the same money or DIY one for half.
    Caminante, son tus huellas el camino y nada más... - Antonio Machado

Hammock
    DIY TCF Sage Green
    Tarp
    Noah's Tarp 12x12
    Insulation
    MAMW TQ, UGQ UQ
    Suspension
    webbing/whoopies
    Images
    My wife and I love napping together in our ENO DN even though with my weight (240ish) we exceed the 400lb limit. (I'm working on that!) I'm able to sleep on my back comfortably, but in our bed I'm a side/belly sleeper.

I am looking towards DIYing a few different hammocks such as the tablecloth options, maybe a UL option from RBTR, and maybe even one day a bridge hammock ala Hikingdad aka Bic.

We are very new to camping and hammocking so take it fwiw!

Hammock
    Dutch 11ft W 1.6
    Insulation
    Blanket
    Suspension
    Atlas Straps/ EXT
    Quote Originally Posted by samsara View Post
    I sleep in a DN every night and love it. I love the feel of the material and the width also makes it a GREAT lounging hammock for watching tv and stuff like that. I don't know that I would use it down here in the woods (I have a BB for that) but as far as comfort it is great. I hang mine with lots of sag and it is probably my favorite side sleeping hammock (after my big mayan hammock... which is my comfiest hammock by far). I'm 6'2" 220 so the length isn't an issue for me but I do want to try one of the super wide tablecloth hammocks.

Anyhoo... it's a great hammock, very comfortable, and I would think that with UQ and bug netting it should do just fine out in the woods. Since most of my trips to the woods involve me carrying my gear on my back I would stick with some of the lighter weight models that are meant for backpacking.

Dave
    Hey, do you still sleep in your DN? I'd like some help with my setup to get the right flat lay in mine... It's alright and can get pretty flat but i have mine pretty tight... Indoors, 11.16 ft hook to hook, 86" high (above bed), right now i have 12" suspension for feet and 24" for head. Any tips for sleeping in it? Been doing it for about a week amd haven't gotten very comfy sleep at 6', 175lbs. But today i'm trying what i said above. Thanks!

Hammock
    diy hexon 1.0
    Tarp
    DIY sil-argon
    Insulation
    HG TQ, UQ
    Suspension
    Whoopie hooks
    Quote Originally Posted by ReneFloresVlogs View Post
    Hey, do you still sleep in your DN? I'd like some help with my setup to get the right flat lay in mine... It's alright and can get pretty flat but i have mine pretty tight... Indoors, 11.16 ft hook to hook, 86" high (above bed), right now i have 12" suspension for feet and 24" for head. Any tips for sleeping in it? Been doing it for about a week amd haven't gotten very comfy sleep at 6', 175lbs. But today i'm trying what i said above. Thanks!
    Have you tried putting a ridge line on it? It made a world of difference for me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I'd quote a certain book, but that is not allowed.

Hammock
    Dutch 11ft W 1.6
    Insulation
    Blanket
    Suspension
    Atlas Straps/ EXT
    Quote Originally Posted by MacCherokee View Post
    Have you tried putting a ridge line on it? It made a world of difference for me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Not yet. What size ridgeline?

Hammock
    yes please
    Tarp
    HG cuben w/ doors
    Insulation
    HG Burrow/Phoenix
    Suspension
    kevlar straps

Eno dn

Quote Originally Posted by ReneFloresVlogs View Post
    Not yet. What size ridgeline?
    93 inches. That would be 83% of the hammock length.

Hammock
    11' Dutch Netless
    Tarp
    SuperFly, others
    Insulation
    AHE KAQ/ENO
    Suspension
    Cinch,Whoopie,Atla
    I love my ENO DN! I just spent a week camping in it near Eugene, OR and slept VERY comfortable every night.

I'm 6'3", 200lbs.

I also have a HangLoose Hammock which is 10' (as opposed to ENO's 9'4") but I prefer the fabric on the ENO much better.

I have an adjustable structural ridgeline that stays at about 86" (the smallest it adjusts to) and I have no problem laying flat.

Hammock
    ENO Double Nest
    Tarp
    MambaJamba
    Suspension
    Slap Strap
    2017 and I am now using a bare butt double to see what I think. I am never going back to a regular bed.

• + New Posts
  • Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234