Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast
    Hammock
    Hennesy
    Tarp
    various
    Insulation
    pads, foam
    Images
    Plumbing is probably PEX so the pipes are not as vulnerable as the valves. There are replacement valves that do not require a crimper. They work and are worth putting in your spare kit if you are going to winter camp. I would be very leary of salt as an anti freeze but the pink stuff is at Walmart. Not tasty but not corrosive and safe if you drink some. That will freeze but shrinks when it does so nothing gets broken. I will be replacing plumbing in the spring to drain and separate the outside shower as that is a freeze point even when the unit is warm. ;-)

Hammock
    Blackbird
    Tarp
    MacCat Standard
    Insulation
    Winter Yeti, MWUQ4
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by gargoyle View Post
    When does "to the woods" get an RV section??
    Pimp my RV by JJ.
    www.rv.tothewoods.net
    “Republics are created by the virtue, public spirit, and intelligence of the citizens. They fall when the wise are banished from the public councils because they dare to be honest, and the profligate are rewarded because they flatter the people, in order to betray them.” ~Judge Joseph Story

- My site: http://www.tothewoods.net/
    - Designer, Jeff's Gear Hammock / Pack Cover by JRB

IMPOSSIBLE JUST TAKES LONGER

Hammock
    Some Gathered End or Other
    Tarp
    DIY CamoHexMonster
    Insulation
    DIY Down UQ
    Suspension
    Whoopies and etc.
    Images
    Very nice Jeff.
    Some say I'm apathetic, but I don't care. - Randy

Hammock
    DIY Bridge db layer 1.1
    Tarp
    DIY 12'
    Insulation
    DIY Climashield
    Suspension
    amsteel/tree strap
    Looking good!!

That 'arctic package' sure looks good now though doesn't it...

One thing you might want to consider *before* you rewire the back tv to the inverter is that it was wired that way for a reason- seatbelt laws!!

The best listing of seatbelt laws is at Ehow.com- you might want to check it out before you go letting the kid loose in the RV while you're driving down the road.

Hammock
    Camo Clark NX 250
    Tarp
    Custom Smokehouse
    Might be a stupid idea, put why not install some kind of roll bar to hang on? Tell the wife it enhances safety (it should right?), drill through the walls and through the pipes, add your eye bolts, waterproof it, hang in comfort. Just thought, always ask someone who knows more about the machine than me. Find a
    S M E.....
    u a x
    b t p
    j t e
    e e r
    c r t
    t
    Rules to live by:The Wizards Rules
    Anything can be solved by the proper application of High Explosives. Or a shot of whiskey...
    Meaning of the EOD Badge
    Explosive Ordnance Disposal (EOD) is a science of vague assumptions based on debatable figures derived from inconclusive experiments, performed by persons of doubtful mental capability with instruments of problematic accuracy.

Hammock
    Blackbird
    Tarp
    MacCat Standard
    Insulation
    Winter Yeti, MWUQ4
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Images
    I think most states say that all front-seat passengers and children under 6 yrs or 60 pounds (some states are up to 80 pounds) have to be buckled...other than that, the ones I've lived in don't have laws that would affect someone in the back. I'll be sure to have a look at the en-route states while I'm traveling, though.

I am interested in why they put the TV up top, though. I can't see into the hole where the wires pass through to see behind the panel, but I took a picture through it and can't see anything but empty space and a few wires. Seriously confusing. I got the schematics from Jayco but haven't looked at them yet.

Boot - Yeah, an arctic package would be nice but I like most everything else about this model - especially the floorplan - more than all the others I saw. One reason I got a good price is because December is their slowest month and they needed to move inventory...which meant picking something on the lot. Glad I liked this one so much! (They actually called one down from Denver, but same thing...it was existing inventory.)

But I'd still be customizing it even with that package...just focusing on different things!

Ian - the roll bar would only work if I could tie into the frame somewhere. The "studs" are probably 2x2s and I wouldn't trust them to hang from. I'm not sure there's a good way to hang inside that the wife will accept. I still look around from time to time and try to think of ideas, though...but I don't think it's gonna happen. The HandyHammock stand will probably be standard equipment on the RV, though!

The bed is actually pretty comfortable...I was surprised. Not gonna stop me from hammocking, though!
    “Republics are created by the virtue, public spirit, and intelligence of the citizens. They fall when the wise are banished from the public councils because they dare to be honest, and the profligate are rewarded because they flatter the people, in order to betray them.” ~Judge Joseph Story

Hammock
    Dream-Hammock Roaming Gnome custom
    Tarp
    WB Super Fly
    Insulation
    HG & Marmot
    Suspension
    Straps & Rings
    Our Arctic fox 990 truck camper is what gets us closer to the woods, it is also "Four Season" designed, just have to watch the outside fixtures while parked at the ski hill... I have had plenty of hammocking opportunities while traveling with the RV, just have to be creative . We love the journey and the destination! I have to admit that a shower, and a cold beer not dependant on ice is a mighty fine way to go as I get "softer". YMMV!
    Welcome to the club!

Hammock
    WBBB, Switchback 1.9 SL & 1.9 DL
    Tarp
    BDWD, AE Hard Rock
    Insulation
    Incubator, Burrow
    Suspension
    Webbing & Rings
    So how's the motorhome working out Jeff, or has it been too cold to go yet. We are headed to Big Bend in two weeks. My wife has always wanted to go, it just wasn't on the radar. I haven't been back there since I've lived in Austin and that has been 33 years. I'm taking my hammock because the site we reserved at Rio Grand Village looks like it might work. Got a new tow vehicle that will make it's maiden voyge.

IMG_2163.jpg

IMG_2164.jpg
    We are now ready to start our way down the Great Unknown.We are three quarters of a mile in the depth of the earth.We have an unknown distance yet to run, an unknow river yet to explore.What falls there are, we know not; what rocks beset the channel, we know not; what walls rise over the river, we know not. Ah, well! We may conjecture many things. The men talk as cheerfully as ever; jests are bandied about freely this morning; but to me the cheer is somber and the jests are ghastly. Powell 1869

Hammock
    HH
    Tarp
    MacCat Deluxe
    Insulation
    Homemade Quilts
    Congrats on the rig. We have a Class C Lazy Daze Rear Bath 26 footer, currently camping at Chatfield SP outside of Denver. Have my hammock too. We can off grid for about 10 days. Need those small electrical heaters for winter. Get two that are wattage selectable normally 750 and 1500 watt. You most likely will not be able to run both at on high without blowing fuses. You will need an extra cord from outside power to run the second one on high if need be. Personal record of zero degrees last week here. Make sure your heaters have good thermostats, ie., don't buy cheap heaters!

Hammock
    Blackbird
    Tarp
    MacCat Standard
    Insulation
    Winter Yeti, MWUQ4
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Images
    Working good so far...been on a few short trips. We had it down to 5F (-9 wind chill) and were acceptably warm. We do have a couple of electric heaters. I've been modding it up a bit (http://www.rv.tothewoods.net/) to get it ready for moving this summer. We'll be in it for about 6 weeks...two weeks of traveling and then a month or so while we find a house and get settled.

No hammocks in it, though. Still thinking the Handy Hammock is the best solution for such limited storage space.

That's a nice looking TV, Scotty! Sometime in the relatively mid-term future (whatever that means!) I'm gonna get a truck...have to decide if I want a regular old pickup or go ahead and get a TV - probably a Ford diesel dually, maybe even a 550. That's a little ways off, though.

• + New Posts
  • Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast