Maxi Tarp
    Insulation
    Underquilts Lewis
    Suspension
    Rings and Straps
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Crowell392 View Post
    Is anyone doing Camo under quilts
    If you get the material and send it to me I'll sew it up and send it back for a flat rate of $30.00 you pay shipping both ways.

Quote Originally Posted by Brute1100 View Post
    I know lost biker will build you whatever you want if you have the fabric... Instruction are on his website, but they are basically pay him a little labor and 2 way shipping and you will get a shell back...
    Ya beat me to it! Thanks Brute!

As a note - OWF has a good selection of camo http://owfinc.com/fabrics.html
    I got in a fight one time with a really big guy, and he said, "I'm going to mop the floor with your face." I said, "You'll be sorry." He said, "Oh, yeah? Why?" I said, "Well, you won't be able to get into the corners very well."

Underquilts.com

Hammock
    DIY Digi Camo DL
    Tarp
    Maxi Tarp
    Insulation
    Underquilts Lewis
    Suspension
    Rings and Straps
    Images
    Got down to 6* last night - wind chill into the minus something - it was cold! Here's a picture just before I packed up and went home this morning. This is my deep winter UQ.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    I got in a fight one time with a really big guy, and he said, "I'm going to mop the floor with your face." I said, "You'll be sorry." He said, "Oh, yeah? Why?" I said, "Well, you won't be able to get into the corners very well."

Underquilts.com

Hammock
    Dream Hammock Dangerbird
    Tarp
    UGQ Winter Dream
    Insulation
    UGQ Full Set
    Suspension
    Cinch Buckles
    Images
    After finally having a chance to properly test this last weekend, Lost_Biker does some amazing work!

Anybody in the market for an underquilt would do well to consider this as an option.
    I used to be a somebody, now I just camp.

Hammock
    WWM or tablecloth
    Tarp
    SuperFly
    Insulation
    shamu 40*
    Suspension
    UCR whoopie
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Lost_Biker View Post
    Got down to 6* last night - wind chill into the minus something - it was cold! Here's a picture just before I packed up and went home this morning. This is my deep winter UQ.
    how much fill got you that low... i am looking for something to get me to the 20*F area... and thats kind of the reason i am waiting is to see if the stuffing suggested holds up to be true or a little excessive or a little light... no offense... just don't trust the math until someone proves it with their butt...
    Live, Laugh, Love, if that doesn't work. Load, Aim and Fire, repeat as necessary...

Buy, Try, Learn, Repeat

Hammock
    WBBB/TR, DIY, HH, SB DL, GT UL
    Tarp
    ID/OES/WB/WL
    Insulation
    HG/WB/Go-Lite/WB
    Suspension
    Whoopie/Straps/DW
    Images
    Really very happy with the shell I received. Excellent service and great quailty. Even went above and beyond to get it to me on time. Can't wait to put it together for a friend.
    The key to immortality is first living a life worth remembering. - St. Augustine

Some people feel the rain. Others just get wet.
    - Bob Marley

Hammock
    DIY Digi Camo DL
    Tarp
    Maxi Tarp
    Insulation
    Underquilts Lewis
    Suspension
    Rings and Straps
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Gresh View Post
    After finally having a chance to properly test this last weekend, Lost_Biker does some amazing work!

Anybody in the market for an underquilt would do well to consider this as an option.
    Thank you, Gresh. Any pictures?

Quote Originally Posted by Brute1100 View Post
    how much fill got you that low... i am looking for something to get me to the 20*F area... and thats kind of the reason i am waiting is to see if the stuffing suggested holds up to be true or a little excessive or a little light... no offense... just don't trust the math until someone proves it with their butt...
    That is 3" baffles with 3.5 loft of Kmart pillow fill - 3 oz per baffle - this is the first down uq I made. It's heavy - too heavy actually, but normally warm enough. I'm a very cold sleeper and this was right at my tolerable limit. I had lots of clothes on too. But, I made it ok.

No offense taken! Everybody sleeps differently - hot, warm, cool, cold. I find 3" baffles with 3.5" of loft will take me down to 0* with the fill I have - but I need extra clothing. Premium down like Wilderness Logics will do much better at lower temps. I really need to make another and use good 850 fill down.

I recently had someone ask me if it was possible to make an uq for -50*! Thats 6-7" baffles and a heck of a lot of down!

Underquilts.com

Hammock
    DIY Digi Camo DL
    Tarp
    Maxi Tarp
    Insulation
    Underquilts Lewis
    Suspension
    Rings and Straps
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by dragon360 View Post
    Really very happy with the shell I received. Excellent service and great quailty. Even went above and beyond to get it to me on time. Can't wait to put it together for a friend.
    Thanks dragon. It was close, but we made it!

Underquilts.com

Hammock
    BMBH UL/WBRR
    Tarp
    WB SF/ WL Tadpole
    Insulation
    Lynx/DIY/WL
    Suspension
    Whoopies/UCR/Web
    Images

Thanks

Wanted to say thanks for the UQ from Lost Biker... Got it in the mail today and thought what the heck... I'm not doing anything else.
    After looking at that shell I have decided that there is too much stitching (for me) involved to take on that kind of project. I would probably cramp up after the 1st baffle. I made the right choice in buying the shell.
    Lost Bikers sewing was top notch and everything went together smoothly.
    I Used 12 oz of WL 850. Started off with 1 oz in each baffle and then I split the other 3 oz packages in half and put an extra half oz in the center 6 baffles. Put the basic suspension on it but I may play around with some other ideas until I get it dialed in.
    Sorry the pic is bad quality but its my phone... cant find my camera right now...
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by qbiclewarrior; 02-01-2013 at 20:00. Reason: photo

Hammock
    DIY Digi Camo DL
    Tarp
    Maxi Tarp
    Insulation
    Underquilts Lewis
    Suspension
    Rings and Straps
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by cubiclewarrior View Post
    Wanted to say thanks for the UQ from Lost Biker... Got it in the mail today and thought what the heck... I'm not doing anything else.
    After looking at that shell I have decided that there is too much stitching (for me) involved to take on that kind of project. I would probably cramp up after the 1st baffle. I made the right choice in buying the shell.
    Lost Bikers sewing was top notch and everything went together smoothly.
    I Used 12 oz of WL 850. Started off with 1 oz in each baffle and then I split the other 3 oz packages in half and put an extra half oz in the center 6 baffles. Put the basic suspension on it but I may play around with some other ideas until I get it dialed in.
    Sorry the pic is bad quality but its my phone... cant find my camera right now...
    Looks good! Glad you like it. 15oz of downy goodness should be nice and warm!
    Check out the Leighlo system for a good suspension.

Underquilts.com

Hammock
    Dream Hammock Dangerbird
    Tarp
    UGQ Winter Dream
    Insulation
    UGQ Full Set
    Suspension
    Cinch Buckles
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Lost_Biker View Post
    Thank you, Gresh. Any pictures?
    There are a few in MedicineMan's trip report video for REV's Frozen Butt hang, but I'll get my cousin and get some better ones this weekend!
    I used to be a somebody, now I just camp.

• + New Posts
  • Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 9101112 LastLast