Tarp
    DIY Hex Tarp
    Insulation
    DIY TQ and UQ
    Suspension
    DIY UCRs
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by ataris121 View Post
    food bag settled and slightly over packed, Backpack can wait until thurs to get finished up. Gonna be heavy, some of my gear still needs to be swapped out but that has to wait for brighter days.
    Same here. My Total pack weight including clothes that will be removed while hiking, comes to 33lbs right now, which is much heavier than I wanted it to be. I could easily reduce 3lbs but because of the weather I am fearful of getting cold. Hopefully by end of summer I will get my Base weight (for cold temps - 35F) below 18lbs but as of right now it is sitting around 23lbs. I still have alot of gear to swap out for lighter upgrades.

Just weighed my pack and it comes too 16.5lbs, only thing to add is water.

Although I may end up swapping a couple things, but that decision will be made at the parking lot so the total weight may change by a little.
    "yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift---thats why its called a present" - Master Oogway
    It's always best if your an early riser!

Hammock
    DIY - Canoe Hammock
    Tarp
    DIY Hex Tarp
    Insulation
    DIY TQ and UQ
    Suspension
    DIY UCRs
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Cranky Bear View Post
    Just weighed my pack and it comes too 16.5lbs, only thing to add is water.

Although I may end up swapping a couple things, but that decision will be made at the parking lot so the total weight may change by a little.
    Would love to check out your setup and maybe get some ideas for lowering my pack weight. Here is a spreadsheet for me and my wifes cold-weather pack weight atm.

Packlist.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by XTrekker View Post
    Would love to check out your setup and maybe get some ideas for lowering my pack weight. Here is a spreadsheet for me and my wifes cold-weather pack weight atm.

Packlist.jpg
    I have no problem with helping you, it would be my pleasure.

Just be mindful that what I carry may not be suitable for you, I am a big believer in we all should carry what makes us feel comfortable. It is in this that differs from person to person, some choose to go one route, while others choose to go another, neither one is better than the other, just different.

I look forward to meeting you and the rest on this adventure!
    "yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift---thats why its called a present" - Master Oogway
    It's always best if your an early riser!

Hammock
    Blue Bean by Shug,Clark Tropical
    Tarp
    Shug Over,WBSF
    Insulation
    Crowsnest&Burrow
    Suspension
    Once
    Quote Originally Posted by Drum Man View Post
    Hey,

I made a google doc for everyone to sign up on. I thought it might be good/interesting to see who all is coming. Here is the link. https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/...VE&usp=sharing
    Just bumping the spreadsheet up. See yall at camp Friday afternoon.
    "I like grits,because they have no bones" Chet Atkins

Hammock
    DIY
    Images
    It's winter. My pack will be heavier. I will also be carrying more water on Saturday.

XTrekker, do you and your wife each have two sets of dry clothing? Also, will her parka and any other layers she doesn't wear while hiking in fit in her pack and stay dry?

The FS says the rains have made the roads wetter than usual, so I'd guess the stream crossings will be, too. Bringing Crocs and 4 pairs of socks.

Hammock
    DIY - Canoe Hammock
    Tarp
    DIY Hex Tarp
    Insulation
    DIY TQ and UQ
    Suspension
    DIY UCRs
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Cranky Bear View Post
    I have no problem with helping you, it would be my pleasure.

Just be mindful that what I carry may not be suitable for you, I am a big believer in we all should carry what makes us feel comfortable. It is in this that differs from person to person, some choose to go one route, while others choose to go another, neither one is better than the other, just different.

I look forward to meeting you and the rest on this adventure!
    Agreed. Everytime I go out I end up taking less and less gear. This time was different somehow. I ended up taking more gear than last time. lol...I think its just because I'm still new to hammocks and it will be awhile before I really start to get my shelter system dialed in the way I want it.
    It doesn't help that I still like to rock my External Frame pack. It's alot heavier than internals but I like it so much I just can't seem to give it up.

Hammock
    DIY - Canoe Hammock
    Tarp
    DIY Hex Tarp
    Insulation
    DIY TQ and UQ
    Suspension
    DIY UCRs
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by WV View Post
    It's winter. My pack will be heavier. I will also be carrying more water on Saturday.

XTrekker, do you and your wife each have two sets of dry clothing? Also, will her parka and any other layers she doesn't wear while hiking in fit in her pack and stay dry?

The FS says the rains have made the roads wetter than usual, so I'd guess the stream crossings will be, too. Bringing Crocs and 4 pairs of socks.
    Yeah, inside both our packs is a 20L Dry Sack that has our Down TQs and any extra clothing which isn't much. I dont ever bring extra clothing anymore. Just a pair of socks for each day of the trip and some underwear. I also sprayed our packs with ScotchGuard to help with any rain that comes in contact with them. Plan to do the same with our pants. We have ponchos to keep our upper body dry. Will have to look into getting some crocs for the stream crossings. Thanks for the advise.

Hammock
    $20 yukon outfitters
    Tarp
    Eno Dry Fly
    Insulation
    enLightened UQ
    Suspension
    DIY Whoopies
    Dont worry Ill probably have everything you guys leave out. Its been a long time since ive done a straight backpacking trip. Most of my time has been car camp and climbing. With the trip being short and easy im going to use it to refine gear I dont use so I can cut weight. Stove and cookset are already on the Replace list. Have at least three things besides the Hammock set-up that are on the test including one for a written review. Also, testing some long term outing gear, so im heavy. but ill bring chocolate.

Hammock
    DIY - Canoe Hammock
    Tarp
    DIY Hex Tarp
    Insulation
    DIY TQ and UQ
    Suspension
    DIY UCRs
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by ataris121 View Post
    Dont worry Ill probably have everything you guys leave out. Its been a long time since ive done a straight backpacking trip. Most of my time has been car camp and climbing. With the trip being short and easy im going to use it to refine gear I dont use so I can cut weight. Stove and cookset are already on the Replace list. Have at least three things besides the Hammock set-up that are on the test including one for a written review. Also, testing some long term outing gear, so im heavy. but ill bring chocolate.
    Chocolate? You are my new friend...

• + New Posts
  • Page 14 of 18 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast