Tarp
    UGQ Rect. and HHex
    Insulation
    DIY CDT/synth sets
    Suspension
    Straps/Speed Hooks
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by hellkitten View Post
    AWESOME video, you did a real nice job with that.... I am just about sold on the Warbonnet. Any reason a Clark would be better? Any advantages? I like the Warbonnets style - bug net built in, lightweight, and you can use it as a lounging chair. What about a rain fly?
    That WBBB is a small condo. Can't go wrong with that, if you don't mind a few extra tieouts, well worth it though.

*Important* Watch the rest of Shug's videos on Hammock How-To's. A lot of good stuff on that and that leads to your next question on the rain fly. Well, Tarps, actually. I think of rain fly's as a tent thing(shudder)
    Brandon makes great Tarps that match the WBBB or any other hammock.
    Enjoy and have fun with your family, before they have fun without you

Hammock
    Ask me tomorrow
    Tarp
    Old Blue
    Insulation
    DIY, HG Incubator
    Suspension
    Agnostic
    Images
    I can't add much more, here, but I will definitely second (or third or fourth ) the advice to go to a local hang and try out the hammocks yer looking at. Both the Clark and WB are awesome hammocks and will serve you well. It'll come down to how you intend to use them (meaning the requirements of the various trips - weather and temperature, bugs, integration with your other gear, etc).

I'm super excited for you and can't wait to here more as you progress on this quest. Enjoy the journey!!

Hammock
    DD Hammocks Frontline
    Tarp
    DD 3x3
    Insulation
    DD UQ, WL XXL TQ
    Suspension
    L&L Cinch Buckle
    Quote Originally Posted by hellkitten View Post
    I see the warbonnet comes in Multi-cam. THAT is cool....I definately want something that is not going to stand out and multi-cam is the best camo patteren out there....
    Well I'm new to this board and don't know a thing about hammocks but I have been around the world in a backpack and I'd suggest this one thing- Avoid camo, and in a matter of opinion I would suggest avoiding anything military/paramilitary in appearance.

The world is a wonderful place full off fascinating people and sights but it is not always a nice place. Camo and military paraphernalia can cause consternation in people in foreign lands. The military is often seen as oppressive and the US military outside of this country is often not held in high esteem.

While it might seem contrary, camo gear will actually make you stand out while you're abroad. You'll be judged as a "Rambo" and that can be off-putting to locals and even lead to unwanted attention from more militant denizens.

I suggest gear and clothes that are civilian in appearance and rather nondescript . When you get somewhere new look at local fashion and get a hat, shirt or sandals, something that indicates that you belong there. It will show respect for the local peoples and may even open doors that you never expected. It's happened for me many times.

Hammock
    DL1.1XLC/ BIAS WWM/ DIY
    Tarp
    HG Cuben/ DIY
    Insulation
    N/A
    Suspension
    depends...
    Quote Originally Posted by superslow View Post
    Well I'm new to this board and don't know a thing about hammocks but I have been around the world in a backpack and I'd suggest this one thing- Avoid camo, and in a matter of opinion I would suggest avoiding anything military/paramilitary in appearance.

The world is a wonderful place full off fascinating people and sights but it is not always a nice place. Camo and military paraphernalia can cause consternation in people in foreign lands. The military is often seen as oppressive and the US military outside of this country is often not held in high esteem.

While it might seem contrary, camo gear will actually make you stand out while you're abroad. You'll be judged as a "Rambo" and that can be off-putting to locals and even lead to unwanted attention from more militant denizens.

I suggest gear and clothes that are civilian in appearance and rather nondescript . When you get somewhere new look at local fashion and get a hat, shirt or sandals, something that indicates that you belong there. It will show respect for the local peoples and may even open doors that you never expected. It's happened for me many times.

He speaks what my overall concern was. Being military I have seen a lot of different countries. Of course I blended in till I spoke to the locals though. Stay away from the camo. If you don't survive your journey due to someone's ignorance or beliefs, you won't be able to enjoy your hobby for long. If you made that group hang, I hope you found something you liked and your gear and journey all works out for you.
    "We do not go to the green woods and crystal waters to rough it, we go to smooth it."- G. W. Sears

My forum name is Fish<><; I'm in the navy; and I hate sleeping on the ground. If I didn't need ground to walk on or measure resistance to, I think I could happily give it up.

• + New Posts
  • Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234