1 - Messing around with some ideas yesterday and put some ring buckles on a BMBH. Actually, I larksheaded them to the end of a treehugger and used a biner for a quick-connect to the tree.

2 - Next I put Spectra onto the BMBH and used the Garda hitch instead of the stock webbing on the BMBH. I just like cord better than webbing so, if Jennifer keeps using this one, I might make this a permanent mod.

Both of these add a bit of weight, but I like the convenience of the biner and some sort of buckle setup...the Garda is my current favorite. For now, at least...ask again next week.

3 - Next idea, that I haven't tried yet, is to run cord from the BMBH spreader bar rings to the ring at the top of the suspension triangle. Only instead of having one ring there, it will be two SMC buckles. This is where I'll put the Garda Hitch so I can adjust the hammock from under the tarp when it's raining. It will also save the weight of one ring and some cord over webbing (compared to options 1 and 2, not compared to the stock system because of the added hardware). I'll try to prototype this one this week if I get time.