Ridgerunner / Dutch 11'
    Tarp
    Superfly
    Insulation
    12oz curls
    Suspension
    Dutch Buckles

UQ install with a bug net

Anybody got any tricks or tips to installing an UQ with a Fronkey style bug net? I have a Jacks R Better Mt Washington 3 going on a Dutch 11' with a fronkey net from Dutch. I haven't tried it yet but it looks like it will be a pain in the rear. I can pull the net completely to one side but I don't think it will slide back over the hammock & UQ.

Thanks guys

Hammock
    Ridgerunner / Dutch 11'
    Tarp
    Superfly
    Insulation
    12oz curls
    Suspension
    Dutch Buckles
    I guess I need to learn top from bottom, mods please move to the UQ section!

Hammock
    DIY w/ Net
    Tarp
    DIY 11'x10' Hex
    Insulation
    DIY UQ/TQ
    Suspension
    DIY Whoppies + TS
    Images
    No need to slide anything out of the way. You can put the UQ on with the net installed. I think JRB's suspension is just a loop of shock cord, right? Get inside the net, and hook it over the gathered end knob and go.

Hammock
    Dutch PolyD
    Tarp
    HG Winter Palace
    Insulation
    HG 0, 20, 40
    Suspension
    Dutch Whoopie Hook
    Images
    I hang my hammock first (unless it's raining then it would be the tarp). Then I put the UQ on. Next, I put on the Fronkey bugnet. I have a Dutch Whoopie Hook suspension so I just unhook one end, put the Fronkey bugnet on, then rehook that end. I then go to the other end, unhook it and pull the bugnet over the ridgeline, then rehook the suspension.
    "A foolish consistency is the hobgoblin of little minds." Ralph Waldo Emerson

Hammock
    Ridgerunner / Dutch 11'
    Tarp
    Superfly
    Insulation
    12oz curls
    Suspension
    Dutch Buckles
    Quote Originally Posted by SilvrSurfr View Post
    I hang my hammock first (unless it's raining then it would be the tarp). Then I put the UQ on. Next, I put on the Fronkey bugnet. I have a Dutch Whoopie Hook suspension so I just unhook one end, put the Fronkey bugnet on, then rehook that end. I then go to the other end, unhook it and pull the bugnet over the ridgeline, then rehook the suspension.
    I'm not sure I follow you. My hammock has to slide through the Fronkey net. How do you get the hammock + UQ to fit through the small openings on the end of the Fronkey net?

Hammock
    Dutch PolyD
    Tarp
    HG Winter Palace
    Insulation
    HG 0, 20, 40
    Suspension
    Dutch Whoopie Hook
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by curveball View Post
    I'm not sure I follow you. My hammock has to slide through the Fronkey net. How do you get the hammock + UQ to fit through the small openings on the end of the Fronkey net?
    Look at the Dutch Whoopie Hook suspension.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FN8VlDofU8o

You just slide the Fronkey bugnet onto the hammock, then reconnect the Dutch Whoopie Hook. Then do the same on the other end.

There is no sliding the hammock or UQ through the openings of the Fronkey bugnet.

Hammock
    Dutch PolyD
    Tarp
    HG Winter Palace
    Insulation
    HG 0, 20, 40
    Suspension
    Dutch Whoopie Hook
    Images
    Even if you don't have a Whoopie Hook suspension, you can put the hammock inside the bugnet and pull the whoopie slings out the ends, then hang the hammock. You can then hook the UQ on from inside the bugnet.

Hammock
    Ridge Outdoor Gear Pinnacle 360
    Tarp
    UGQ Rect. and HHex
    Insulation
    DIY CDT/synth sets
    Suspension
    Straps/Speed Hooks
    Images
    2 ways to do it, and both were covered.

1st) Set up hammock with the Fronkey Net installed, take the UQ inside the net with you and hang the UQ as normal, while inside the FN. You can clip the suspension to the hammock suspension or wrap it around the gathered end knob.

2nd) Set up hammock without the Fronkey Net. Attach the UQ however you need to. Then, unclip the hammock end (easiest if you have CL larksheaded to hammock end) from the suspension and feed it thru the bottom of the FN opening and out the end opening of the FN. Reclip the hammock to suspension. One side is done. Do the same to the other hammock end.

Hope this helps.
    Enjoy and have fun with your family, before they have fun without you

Hammock
    Ridgerunner / Dutch 11'
    Tarp
    Superfly
    Insulation
    12oz curls
    Suspension
    Dutch Buckles
    Quote Originally Posted by Floridahanger View Post
    2 ways to do it, and both were covered.

1st) Set up hammock with the Fronkey Net installed, take the UQ inside the net with you and hang the UQ as normal, while inside the FN. You can clip the suspension to the hammock suspension or wrap it around the gathered end knob.

2nd) Set up hammock without the Fronkey Net. Attach the UQ however you need to. Then, unclip the hammock end (easiest if you have CL larksheaded to hammock end) from the suspension and feed it thru the bottom of the FN opening and out the end opening of the FN. Reclip the hammock to suspension. One side is done. Do the same to the other hammock end.

Hope this helps
    Thanks for the info guys. I think this is what SilvrSurfr was getting at & I understand what he was saying now. I never thought about feeding the hammock through the bottom of the net. Thanks again for the great info.

Hammock
    Warbonnet RR / BlackbirdXLC
    Tarp
    SimplyLightDesigns
    Insulation
    Lynx / LocoLibre
    Suspension
    webbing/buckles
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by curveball View Post
    I can pull the net completely to one side but I don't think it will slide back over the hammock & UQ.

Thanks guys
    This is exactly why I only purchase hammocks with integrated bug nets. They are light as they only need to cover half of the hammock and store neatly out of the way when not needed.

• + New Posts
  • Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast