Quote Originally Posted by SQWERL View Post
thanks for taking us along. i second that getting "AT fever". I gotta get in better shape and do a bunch more hiking.
I hear you. I've been running, so the cardio levels weren't bothering me. However, my quads were a little stiff when I got back home; I went to grab something out of a cooler at work and stood back up and realized that I have to do more weight lifting before I go back to the mountains.

Quote Originally Posted by richtorfla View Post
Thanks for sharing. We have been to Helen and stayed at Unicoi campground. Real nice place! Me and the kids jumped up on the AT at Unicoi gap for a day hike. It was the steepest climb up I had ever done! A real calf burner. Glad you got to get out. Anna ruby falls was just down the road from Helen. Nice falls. Short hike to get to them. They paved it there since its a tourist visit. I love that area.

Glad you got to get out! Nice break from making pizza!
Absolutely beautiful area. The whole family wound up going to Anna Ruby, but I didn't get any video of it. That was pretty, and easy to get to. We also did a trail at Unicoi, but I don't remember which one it was. Again, I wasn't really videoing; I was talking with the family as we walked along.