Tarp
    WB SuperFly
    Insulation
    UQ
    Suspension
    Various
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by surferoib51 View Post
    I use the MSS in my hammock. What has worked for me is to put a thermarest pad inside my bivy sack. The pad fits perfectly in the bivy and does not slide out from under me. The one draw back with the bivy is that it traps moisture from your breath or sweet and will eventually dampen the sleeping bags.
    I've been thinking this might work. Think I'll give it try. I've used the system without bivy and pad in hammock. Too much slippage.

Hammock
    DIY Insulated 3.5 season
    Insulation
    Boreal Beast UQ
    Suspension
    Straps and rings .
    So far the best way to use the MSS in my opinion is to snap two of the patrol bags together and use as a top quilt . I've done this down to 29 windy degrees . I don't like the black or intermediate bag that well . Too heavy and too tight on full figured types .
    I use the black stuff sacks to house my sleep gear . I just bought another down filled M1949 which I plan to use in conjunction with a patrol bag . Hoping to get it down to zero or below being used as a topquilt .

I made a monster underquilt with the M 1949 which although heavy ( I stuffed it with a couple of extra pounds of down and feather mixture .) My aim is to get to zero with something that is pretty bomb proof . Unfortunately this is all comeing in at around 19 pounds or so with my sheepskin in the hammock .

Incidently I hate the MSS as designed because of the restrictive nature of it . Its warm enough I just can't sleep in it .

Check out the ECW bag at armygeat.net . That thing is a brute but only fifty bucks .

• + New Posts
  • Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234