Tarp
    SuperFly/Oware
    Insulation
    KAUQ,WBurrowTQU,PL
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Images

Snowshoe/SnowCamp

Samuel JD (Trail Cheese) and I went out Saturday morning. Ended up by Willow Springs Lake, Deeper Snow there. The roads were plowed but none of the parking lots or side roads, after some searching we found a slide area that the plow drivers had kinda pushed back. 1/4 mile or so south of the HWY.hiked to the trailhead and got the snowshoes on, the snow was about 18"/2' deep. Rei had rented us MSR Denalli snowshoes but the tails did not fit on, so we sank in a little, Winter packs were about 30 lbs. We hiked about a mile with packs on to get to Camp spot, the temps were in the mid 30's during the day, Saturday night was 28 F. Sunday we started to snowshoe around the lake, but after a ways I turned back to find the fire, I mean I lost a bandana and had to find it, yea that was it. Sammy went all the way around the lake, couple hours before He came back around.
    Sunday night was a test on Equipment, 21 F blowing, snowing. ended up with 5 1/2" of new snow. stayed warm and toasty thanks to Stormcrow Quilts and Brandon's BB and Superfly(Warbonnet Outdoors) and a wool blanket.
    Jet boil Sol worked great, made Bear Creek Chili, melted a lot of snow, coffee meals. went through whole canaster. good to 21 F
    Attached Images Attached Images
    The Older I get, the Faster I use to be.

• + New Posts