Ok, I'm a new guy around here and admit that from the start. Also, I'm not trying to start a fight or irriate anybody, but I've been reading about DriDown and hearing some people talk about how great this stuff is, blah, blah, blah,...but, unless your car camping or have easy access to a clothes dryer, it won't matter very much when your bag gets wet because of some accident or what ever, because once it's wet, it'll dry 60% faster than down, when you get to a tumble dryer. Until then, it'll be a matted wet mess.

Here's where my ignorance shines, because I haven't been watching the technology news, or checking the gear forums, so I admit that my knowledge is old school based on camping equipment from 10-20 years ago. At that time, people were swearing off down because it couldn't save you in an adverse situation.

Just my $.02, but I'm trying to figure out how down can have improved enough to make it a good investment for backpacking. Car camping is another story because you could find a dryer, or if you were camping at a park with amenities. So I won't be jumping on the dry down product train. Just can't take that chance.

My apologies again if I've offended anyone. I hope to learn something new about new gear and am willing to hear differing opinions.