Tarp
    Superfly.
    Insulation
    Yeti / Burrow
    Suspension
    Straps and rings
    Images

Under cover

This may not be the right place for this but..
    I am trying to build an undercover for An HH Safari out of A netless HH safari. I am not very skilled at making stuff like this and I don't want to ruin the netless bottom so I thought I'd ask you lot.
    Is this doable or more accuratley workable. I thought I would attach the gathered ends to the main supports with a prussic and some shock cord. I have made it so that I can run the tie out lines of the hammock through the tieout spots of the netless bottom. I think I want to add elastic down the length of it as well.
    I was thinking of cutting the gathered ends off and attaching it like an underquilt but I don't know.
    This cover is part of my "frankensultion" contraption that I am trying to build. It is so very ugly that it needs to hide between these layers.
    Any advice would be appreciated, I'm pretty hopeless at makin stuff, 'specially if it needs to be pretty.

Hammock
    GrizzBridge Ariel
    Tarp
    HG Cuben Winter
    Insulation
    DIY UQ
    Images
    The DIY Hammocker's Hippocratic Oath : do no harm.

put those scissors down. Don't EVEN think about hacking those gathered ends.

What you do depends on what you want to accomplish with this undercover. If it is primarily to create a two body hammock that will sandwich your insulation, then just try hanging one inside of the other. If you got a pair of stout rings you could, on each end, put a ring on the suspension cord of the inner hammock with a girth hitch, and have the rest of that line go to the tree, while tying the suspension cord of the outer body to the ring using a round turn with 2 half hitches. This gives you an ability to experiment some with how closely you want the outer body to hang next to the inner body.

Try something like this out before cutting anything or sewing anything. If it does what is needed, you're done. If you need to close up a side for some reason, think grip clips or something like that to begin with, and see if you can avoid doing something that is not easily undone.

sez he who sometimes wishes he would follow his own sage advice....Grizz

• + New Posts