Tarp
    Dyneema Hammock ge
    Insulation
    Down top and botto
    Suspension
    Hammock gear
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by animalcontrol View Post
    yea, that pesky JOB thing. (not complaining. Too many people without)
    What about Mount Rogers? Are you planning to go? I know, you're waiting to see who else from around here is going, and so am I. If no one goes from around here I may still try to catch a ride with those in Cincinnati or thereabouts. Mule
    Predictions are risky, especially when it comes to the future.

Hammock
    Warbonnet BB XLC 1.7, Traveler S1.7
    Tarp
    Cuben DIY
    Insulation
    Hammockgear
    Suspension
    whoopie slings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by skskinner View Post
    What about Mount Rogers? Are you planning to go? I know, you're waiting to see who else from around here is going, and so am I. If no one goes from around here I may still try to catch a ride with those in Cincinnati or thereabouts. Mule
    Yea, I'm out on Mt Rogers also.
    I spent 48 hrs in a car last week...I still commute minimum 2 hrs a day (when the weathers good, which it isn't!)
    Simply, another 16-18 hrs to go to Mt Rogers and back is too much for me for a weekend, as much as I would like to meet everyone.
    Sorry....
    "Every day is a new day to a better future"
    "Of all the things that matter, that really and truly matter, working more efficiently and getting more done is not among them." ~ Mike Dooley
    "What if I told you that you couldn't have anymore of anything... No more friends, no more money, no more anything, until you first got happy with what you have?"~ Mike Dooley
    "The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing." ~ Socrates

Hammock
    Grand Trunk Nano 7
    Tarp
    Exped Poncho/Tarp
    Insulation
    WallcreepBivanorak
    Suspension
    Eno SlapStrap Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by Cannibal View Post
    Ditto, except maybe for a month.

What's sad/funny is that I thought I was getting it wrong. I had never had any up close and personal experience with the HH overcover; just pictures. I thought it 'sealed' along the edges and I couldn't figure out how. So, I ordered one for my Expedition to get a look and low and behold, now I have 3 semi-functional overcovers for my BBs.

I don't think things are as complicated as I think they are.
    Hey Cannibal,
    You say that your HH Overcover works with your BB? Does it match up pretty well (covers the bug mesh) to the shape of your BB?

Have you tried the HH Undercover with your BB?

Hammock
    Warbonnet ON!
    Tarp
    SuperFly or MacCat
    Insulation
    Yetis & Mambas
    Suspension
    Webbing and rings
    Images
    No, not what I meant; sorry for the confusion.

I ordered the overcover for my HH Expedition in order to see how it is designed to fit/work on the Hennessy. My intention was to interpret his design for my own overcover for the BB.

There is no way it would fit the BBs (I don't think). You might get the shoulder tie-out to line up, sort of, but the other side of the hammock wouldn't know what to do with the overcover.
    Trust nobody!

Hammock
    Grand Trunk Nano 7
    Tarp
    Exped Poncho/Tarp
    Insulation
    WallcreepBivanorak
    Suspension
    Eno SlapStrap Pro
    No, not what I meant; sorry for the confusion.

I ordered the overcover for my HH Expedition in order to see how it is designed to fit/work on the Hennessy. My intention was to interpret his design for my own overcover for the BB.

There is no way it would fit the BBs (I don't think). You might get the shoulder tie-out to line up, sort of, but the other side of the hammock wouldn't know what to do with the overcover.
    Thanks man!
    That certainly makes sense. I love my HH ULBP Asym, but would love to order/try out a WBG BB. I was checking out the video at http://www.warbonnetoutdoors.net/ and the BB is a really sweet hammock! I would be sold for sure, if the HH Undercover and Overcover would be a good fit.
    I need to learn how to sew... (or find a girlfriend who does!)

Hammock
    Warbonnet ON!
    Tarp
    SuperFly or MacCat
    Insulation
    Yetis & Mambas
    Suspension
    Webbing and rings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by 2Trees View Post
    Think we've all had that thought at one time or another. Learn it! It's not hard and it's kind of fun and way cheaper than a girlfriend. I knew NOTHING about sewing when I joined this forum. Seriously, I had to call my Grandma to find out how to end a seam. Now, I know a little more than nothing, but it's enough to get the job done.

Beer/Booze helps...a lot! Buy some Bandaids.
    Trust nobody!

Hammock
    Grand Trunk Nano 7
    Tarp
    Exped Poncho/Tarp
    Insulation
    WallcreepBivanorak
    Suspension
    Eno SlapStrap Pro
    Think we've all had that thought at one time or another. Learn it! It's not hard and it's kind of fun and way cheaper than a girlfriend. I knew NOTHING about sewing when I joined this forum. Seriously, I had to call my Grandma to find out how to end a seam. Now, I know a little more than nothing, but it's enough to get the job done.

Beer/Booze helps...a lot! Buy some Bandaids.
    I Love It, man!
    You're probably right...After buying the girlfriend 3 pairs of shoes and 5 purses, I would have the funds for a nice sewing machine, anyways.

Yeah, I could just imagine.... Boozin' and sewin'.... I'll need more than bandaids when I get done! Maybe better to smoke myself silly.

Either way, gotta give sewing a try here soon. I've got tons of ideas! LOL!

Hammock
    nano hammock w/ridge
    Tarp
    wb spinn edge
    Insulation
    yeti & jrb torso
    Suspension
    whoopie
    Quote Originally Posted by 2Trees View Post
    Thanks man!
    That certainly makes sense. I love my HH ULBP Asym, but would love to order/try out a WBG BB. I was checking out the video at http://www.warbonnetoutdoors.net/ and the BB is a really sweet hammock! I would be sold for sure, if the HH Undercover and Overcover would be a good fit.
    ...i'm also sewing handicapped, and also have an HH overcover. i test fitted it with an ultralight travel hammock with a ridge line, and it sort of fits, with an occasional "air gap" at the sides. i think i'm going to try to hang my trail shoes by their laces from the two side pull outs as ballast, and just let the overcover hang over the ridge line. my hope is that the occasional side air opening will help limit condensation. will try it in about three weeks, is my plan. comments?

Hammock
    Hammock gear
    Tarp
    Dyneema Hammock ge
    Insulation
    Down top and botto
    Suspension
    Hammock gear
    Images
    I just posted instructions for this on the site.
    Predictions are risky, especially when it comes to the future.

Hammock
    Grand Trunk Nano 7
    Tarp
    Exped Poncho/Tarp
    Insulation
    WallcreepBivanorak
    Suspension
    Eno SlapStrap Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by lazarus View Post
    ...i'm also sewing handicapped, and also have an HH overcover. i test fitted it with an ultralight travel hammock with a ridge line, and it sort of fits, with an occasional "air gap" at the sides. i think i'm going to try to hang my trail shoes by their laces from the two side pull outs as ballast, and just let the overcover hang over the ridge line. my hope is that the occasional side air opening will help limit condensation. will try it in about three weeks, is my plan. comments?
    hey Lazarus,
    Since I had the #2 Bugnet zipper mod, I now use my HH as a top loader in winter when I use my HH Super Shelter. And because I use it as a top loader, I don't run the hammock side guyouts through the overcover holes which secure it tightly to the hammock sides. I get some air gaps along the sides when using the HH overcover on my HH ULBP Asym. I find that the sides of the hammock bottom itself will cover this gap once inside and, in a way, seal off any gaps between the overcover and the undercover or hammock bottom.

I do like your idea of hanging your shoes as a ballast(weight) to hold this overcover flap secure. The only other idea I had is to sew a small loop of shock cord or ??? onto my hammock that I could run through the overcover holes and then tie off or some kind of plastic piece to keep from sliding back through or something to hold it tight. That way you can just unlock easily from the inside or outside. Just a thought. Might have to work on that one.

Again, I need to learn how to sew! (thanks for the inspiration, Cannibal)

• + New Posts
  • Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123