Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Hammock
    Camo Clark NX 250
    Tarp
    Custom Smokehouse

New NX-250 owner

I've finally managed to acquire my first hammock. I tried to go buy it in person today but I didn't call first. Turns out they aren't open at all on the weekends, my bad for not checking. Not to be completely defeated I ordered a NX-250 camouflage with a matching z-liner from the parking lot. One step closer to being able to run. Now I need my winter tarp from smokehouse, a top quilt, probably an extra under quilt, and a pack to actually be able to go out and start back packing. I'm so excited and finally being able to make a big step towards starting.
    Rules to live by:The Wizards Rules
    Anything can be solved by the proper application of High Explosives. Or a shot of whiskey...
    Meaning of the EOD Badge
    Explosive Ordnance Disposal (EOD) is a science of vague assumptions based on debatable figures derived from inconclusive experiments, performed by persons of doubtful mental capability with instruments of problematic accuracy.

Hammock
    DD frontline
    Tarp
    DD 3mx3m
    Insulation
    PLUQ & PLOQ
    Suspension
    UCR
    you STARTED with an nx250??

I bought my first hammock for 20$ to make sure I liked them first.

Hammock
    WBBB double 1.7
    Tarp
    ENO Profly
    Insulation
    Sleeping bag,HG UQ
    Suspension
    Adjustable webbing
    Quote Originally Posted by Sparkfly88 View Post
    I bought my first hammock for 20$ to make sure I liked them first.

Yep, me too! Mine was a Grand Trunk UL. I upgraded to a Black Bird. I do want to get an NX-250 one day, though!
    Last edited by brockthecool2; 01-20-2013 at 18:28. Reason: ..
    Brock!
    2 Samuel: 22
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)This is Bunny. Copy and paste Bunny into
    (")_(")your signature to help him gain world domination.

Hammock
    Clark NX250
    Tarp
    Clark Std. XL Tarp
    Insulation
    KAQ-Lost River
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Images
    Congrats on the New NX250!!
    I love my Clark Camo NX250 and it was a good decision when I purchased it. ( I started with the Std. Clark Jungle Hammock).
    I just received the Z-liner foot end only and I really like it. It isn't actually that bad to pack. I just throw it in the stuff sack with my Arrowhead camo Lost river 2/3 under quilt and I am ready to go for winter hanging.
    I really haven't had a need for the Z-liner pocket insulators, but the foot end liner is great for winter.
    I'll just leave the foot end at home in the other 3 seasons.
    you can't go wrong with a clark.
    MML--The Man, The Myth, and the Legend

"I am the eagle, I live in high country, in rocky cathedrals that reach to the sky;
    I am the hawk and there's blood on my feathers, but time is still turning they soon will be dry;
    All those who see me, and all who believe in me, share in the freedom I feel when I fly.”
    John Denver--1943-1997

Hammock
    Dream hammock Thunderbird
    Tarp
    Nub'a
    Insulation
    HG Incubator
    Suspension
    Whoopies
    The Clark is the most comfortable thing that I've slept in outside, including a blackbird. I also did work up to it though. Started with a eno doublenest, then a kammok roo, hennesey safari, blackbird, Clark.

Having been through all those choices I think that the Clark fixed a lot of the problems I have with hammock camping.

Storage for your stuff while in the hammock
    Built in under quilt with no weight increase
    Near bridge hammock lay style
    Built in wind cover

It is a heck of a price point, but I love them.

Sleeping issue

I too bought an NX-250 as a first hammock for all the reasons stated here. I am impressed with the quality, but I am having issues learning to sleep in the hammock and looking for some suggestions.

I am 61, a side or belly sleeper, with some hip pain. I have read that hammocks are great to alleviate pressure, one reason I bought a hammock. I have tried to sleep 6 nights now, and only had 1 night of restful sleep. Temps have been from 40-70, but not the issue. I just can't seem to find a comfortable position.

I follow the directions of having some slack in the bug net when I put it up, but perhaps I can tighten it up a bit? I don't feel like I am sleeping flat.

Thanks for any help!

Hammock
    WL, WB, Clark stuff
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by A/B View Post
    I too bought an NX-250 as a first hammock for all the reasons stated here. I am impressed with the quality, but I am having issues learning to sleep in the hammock and looking for some suggestions.

I am 61, a side or belly sleeper, with some hip pain. I have read that hammocks are great to alleviate pressure, one reason I bought a hammock. I have tried to sleep 6 nights now, and only had 1 night of restful sleep. Temps have been from 40-70, but not the issue. I just can't seem to find a comfortable position.

I follow the directions of having some slack in the bug net when I put it up, but perhaps I can tighten it up a bit? I don't feel like I am sleeping flat.

Thanks for any help!
    What did you do different the night you slept well compared to the other nights?

Like Lewis & Clark: Wintrin' o/t Columbia again: PDX
    Hammock
    Clark w 2QZQ mod,Tropical, NX;Nano
    Tarp
    Clark micro
    Insulation
    Major down
    Suspension
    7/64 SK75 +strap
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by A/B View Post

Thanks for any help!
    Measure the distance between ends after you've sat in the hammock, rods not inserted. 5/6 of 9' = 90" +- 3 should be good. Per suggestions previously made: A bit of elastic or very light shock cord to pull the hoods gently toward the hammock ends severs the dependence of netting sag on hammock sag.

In my experience,, Clark NX's get hung too tightly just to get the netting away from the face.

First night back in a hammock is not always predictive of future comfort. I sleep as you do, and am always comfortable in a Clark after the first night and sometimes sooner. Sleep through the night? I'll confess not, but have no complaint on that and wouldn't go back.

Hammock
    WWM or tablecloth
    Tarp
    SuperFly
    Insulation
    shamu 40*
    Suspension
    UCR whoopie
    Images
    Welcome to the insanity... That is a crazy nice first hammock... I'm sure you will enjoy it...
    Live, Laugh, Love, if that doesn't work. Load, Aim and Fire, repeat as necessary...

Buy, Try, Learn, Repeat

Quote Originally Posted by Isheian View Post
    I've finally managed to acquire my first hammock. I tried to go buy it in person today but I didn't call first. Turns out they aren't open at all on the weekends, my bad for not checking. Not to be completely defeated I ordered a NX-250 camouflage with a matching z-liner from the parking lot. One step closer to being able to run. Now I need my winter tarp from smokehouse, a top quilt, probably an extra under quilt, and a pack to actually be able to go out and start back packing. I'm so excited and finally being able to make a big step towards starting.
    Tell us what you think of your new hammock when you have some time.

• + New Posts
  • Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast