Tarp
    Clark Std. XL Tarp
    Insulation
    KAQ-Lost River
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Images
    Congrats on the New NX250!!
    I love my Clark Camo NX250 and it was a good decision when I purchased it. ( I started with the Std. Clark Jungle Hammock).
    I just received the Z-liner foot end only and I really like it. It isn't actually that bad to pack. I just throw it in the stuff sack with my Arrowhead camo Lost river 2/3 under quilt and I am ready to go for winter hanging.
    I really haven't had a need for the Z-liner pocket insulators, but the foot end liner is great for winter.
    I'll just leave the foot end at home in the other 3 seasons.
    you can't go wrong with a clark.
    MML--The Man, The Myth, and the Legend

"I am the eagle, I live in high country, in rocky cathedrals that reach to the sky;
    I am the hawk and there's blood on my feathers, but time is still turning they soon will be dry;
    All those who see me, and all who believe in me, share in the freedom I feel when I fly.”
    John Denver--1943-1997

Hammock
    Camo Clark NX 250
    Tarp
    Custom Smokehouse
    Thanks all! I finally got out it this unseasonably warm weather and got to hang it for the first time! Other than the foot end of the z-liner not quite wanting to sit perfect and no idea what to do with the funky little Velcro tag and the end of the taper, I got it all hooked up and relaxed till I realized that I'd be glowing in the dark if I stayed out in the sun to much longer. Assuming my quilts arrive (stormcrow said it should be, bless his hard work!) and with any luck my smokehouse, I should be set for a warm comfy first official hang in my new gear at the colorado winter hang coming up. I'm hoping to be able to get out at least once a month from there on, hell weekly if I really manage to luck out.
    Rules to live by:The Wizards Rules
    Anything can be solved by the proper application of High Explosives. Or a shot of whiskey...
    Meaning of the EOD Badge
    Explosive Ordnance Disposal (EOD) is a science of vague assumptions based on debatable figures derived from inconclusive experiments, performed by persons of doubtful mental capability with instruments of problematic accuracy.

Hammock
    Clark NX250
    Tarp
    Clark Std. XL Tarp
    Insulation
    KAQ-Lost River
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Isheian View Post
    Thanks all! I finally got out it this unseasonably warm weather and got to hang it for the first time! Other than the foot end of the z-liner not quite wanting to sit perfect and no idea what to do with the funky little Velcro tag and the end of the taper, I got it all hooked up.
    The tag is to wrap around the gathered end for a tighter seal.
    MML--The Man, The Myth, and the Legend

"I am the eagle, I live in high country, in rocky cathedrals that reach to the sky;
    I am the hawk and there's blood on my feathers, but time is still turning they soon will be dry;
    All those who see me, and all who believe in me, share in the freedom I feel when I fly.”
    John Denver--1943-1997

Hammock
    Clark NX-250
    Insulation
    Z-Liner
    Suspension
    Custom
    I leapt into the NX-250 for my first camping hammock too. My kids love it so much I had to buy a second one (just received it this week), Z-Liners and all. Tried to convince them to try a WBBB or something else but they insisted. Although I can only take one kid camping at a time until I buy more. I did try an ENO DN to see how I like hammocks first but couldn't go back to ground camping now. I leave the Z-Liner in all year, even in the tropics (slept 4 nights near Townsville, Northern Australia in December which is our summer) I didn't find it too warm, one night was a little warm but bearable and by morning I was very confirtable. Doesn't pack down as small as I'd like but isn't too bad. Although the stock suspension is actually pretty good I did swap to a DIY whoopie setup, I can adjust it just as well as the stock even if I have to double the whoopies over one or 2 times to get them short enough when the space is limited.

Enjoy your Clark although you'll always wonder what the others are like. I know I do and will probably give in to temptation one day and buy a couple of different types just to see what they're like. Although I have to wait for funds to accrue a little before I try too many, otherwise the wife may get a little cranky.

Hammock
    Camo Clark NX 250
    Tarp
    Custom Smokehouse
    I don't plan to wonder, I plan to (eventually) B.O.A.T. And pick up one or two more! Have to have something to share right?
    Anything can be solved by the proper application of High Explosives. Or a shot of whiskey...
    Meaning of the EOD Badge
    Explosive Ordnance Disposal (EOD) is a science of vague assumptions based on debatable figures derived from inconclusive experiments, performed by persons of doubtful mental capability with instruments of problematic accuracy.

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by waddy View Post
    Hi Ishian, I too made the NX-250 my first hammock. However your decision was much more researched than mine, I just went for it after reading as much as I could. I couldn't be happier. I still toy with the idea of getting a BlackBird, but I just like my Clark so much that I haven't strayed from that. Looking forward to hanging with you again, and happy that you are enjoying life so much.
    After laying in your NX-250 at the Co summer hang and owning a BB, hands down the NX is far more comfortable.

Isheian, if you need a large winter backpack I have one you can borrow.

Hammock
    Camo Clark NX 250
    Tarp
    Custom Smokehouse
    Thanks OnB, I kinda splurged stupidly and bought a metric ton of gear. I got me the Eberlestock Dragonfly so I should be ok. It my tarp and quilts I'm worried wont arrive in time.
    Meaning of the EOD Badge

Images
    Thanks OnB, I kinda splurged stupidly and bought a metric ton of gear. I got me the Eberlestock Dragonfly so I should be ok. It my tarp and quilts I'm worried wont arrive in time.
    Do you have a ship date for the tarp and quilts?

Hammock
    Camo Clark NX 250
    Tarp
    Custom Smokehouse
    Stormcrow has told me that I should have the quilts in time. My backup plan is to double up on cfc pads and the z liner. If that doesn't work add a space blanket. As for the smokehouse tarp, it depends on whether or not he has been paid by the others wanting the special multicam tarp. I do have the mid sized Clark tarp. But that means no stove which would suck but not preclude my attendance.
    Meaning of the EOD Badge

Images
    Stormcrow has told me that I should have the quilts in time. My backup plan is to double up on cfc pads and the z liner. If that doesn't work add a space blanket. As for the smokehouse tarp, it depends on whether or not he has been paid by the others wanting the special multicam tarp. I do have the mid sized Clark tarp. But that means no stove which would suck but not preclude my attendance.
    It sounds like you have a good backup plan.

• + New Posts
  • Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast