Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    My first hammock was a Clark NX 250 with the vertex tarp. Love it. Sleep in it EVERY night, at home or away on the trail. These things are tough, well made and from what I am seeing, long lasting. I hope you enjoy yours as much as I enjoy mine, and if by some chance you don't, well, pm me and perhaps I'll take it off your hands.

Hammock
    Camo Clark NX 250
    Tarp
    Custom Smokehouse
    I just got mine tonight and due to it being so late, I decided to wait till the 'morrow to play with it to much. Considering the high wind advisory I'm not sure if I'm going to do it or not. I did switch out the ropes for an all in one whoopie system, and tied on the tarp tie outs. Anyone who has these Clark tarps, do you recommend the self re-tensioning tarp lines?
    I also need to install the Z liner...

I had seen these hammocks set up, but they dont seem to compress much do they?
    Last edited by Isheian; 01-11-2013 at 01:01.
    Rules to live by:The Wizards Rules
    Anything can be solved by the proper application of High Explosives. Or a shot of whiskey...
    Meaning of the EOD Badge
    Explosive Ordnance Disposal (EOD) is a science of vague assumptions based on debatable figures derived from inconclusive experiments, performed by persons of doubtful mental capability with instruments of problematic accuracy.

Hammock
    Clark NX-250, NX 270, D H Sparrow
    Tarp
    Clark XL, Superfly
    Insulation
    JRB TQ, UQ, LL UQ
    Suspension
    WS,straps,toggles
    Images
    Hi Ishian, I too made the NX-250 my first hammock. However your decision was much more researched than mine, I just went for it after reading as much as I could. I couldn't be happier. I still toy with the idea of getting a BlackBird, but I just like my Clark so much that I haven't strayed from that. Looking forward to hanging with you again, and happy that you are enjoying life so much.
    Love your enemies, but keep your gun oiled!

I am a CONCENTRATED vegetarian. I let the cows eat all the grass, and then I eat the cows!

Hammock
    Clark NX-250 / Clark Vertex
    Tarp
    Clark Vertex Tarp
    Insulation
    Clark Z-Liners
    Suspension
    Whoopieslings
    Hi Isheian!
    The Clark NX-250 was my first choice too and I think even if it is a strong price, it was the right decision. I really love this hammock (the only thing I don't like is the suspension line, that comes with the Clark - but I will change this as soon as possible to the all-in-one system from whoopieslings.com).

So I wish you much fun with that hammock and I think you will be very happy with it

_______
    Thomas
    “Yesterday is history,
    tomorrow is a mystery,
    but today is a gift.
    That's why it is called the present

Hammock
    Camo Clark NX 250
    Tarp
    Custom Smokehouse
    Thanks guys! Nice to hear from you waddy, you coming to the winter hang at the beginning of February? The price is steep but most don't consider all you get with it, a complete fair weather hanging system. I already changed out to the all in one whoopie system! My only concern is that I can't adjust where on the strap I'm hooking the whoopies with it so I've lost some of the easy adjustment. We will see soon... I still need to get the z liner installed.
    Anything can be solved by the proper application of High Explosives. Or a shot of whiskey...
    Meaning of the EOD Badge
    Explosive Ordnance Disposal (EOD) is a science of vague assumptions based on debatable figures derived from inconclusive experiments, performed by persons of doubtful mental capability with instruments of problematic accuracy.

Hammock
    Clark TX-250 Camo
    Tarp
    10X10 or 12X12
    Insulation
    Clark Z liner
    Suspension
    rings and straps
    Images
    Congrats, from another proud NX-250 owner!

The 250 wasn't my first Clark (I used to have an older style North American model), but after some minor DIY mods, it may very well be the last one I'll ever need!
    Yesterday's tomorrow is tomorrow's yesterday. It's the only day that counts.

Hammock
    Clark NX-250, NX 270, D H Sparrow
    Tarp
    Clark XL, Superfly
    Insulation
    JRB TQ, UQ, LL UQ
    Suspension
    WS,straps,toggles
    Images
    I won't be able to make the winter hang. I have the Colo. Saddle Makers Assoc. Winter Seminar that weekend.
    Love your enemies, but keep your gun oiled!

I am a CONCENTRATED vegetarian. I let the cows eat all the grass, and then I eat the cows!

Hammock
    Camo Clark NX 250
    Tarp
    Custom Smokehouse
    Molawns, what kinda mods did you do to your 250? Besides suspension I never hear of anything else being done to Clark's.

Pity waddy, hope you have fun at your seminar!
    Last edited by Isheian; 01-13-2013 at 22:03.
    Meaning of the EOD Badge

Hammock
    Clark TX-250 Camo
    Tarp
    10X10 or 12X12
    Insulation
    Clark Z liner
    Suspension
    rings and straps
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Isheian View Post
    Molawns, what kinda mods did you do to your 250? Besides suspension I never hear of anything else being done to Clark's.

Pity waddy, hope you have fun at your seminar!
    Sorry for just seeing this until now...I don't frequent the forums as often as I used to.

I modded the poles so they're shorter sections, and they have been "encased" in hollow nylon cord to keep the individual sections from getting lost. I'll see if I can post a pic or two.

Another mod I've yet to complete is to remove the big sheet of material that makes up the individual pockets. I'm going to cut it and make pockets at each end of the hammock starting at where the poles fit into and going out to the ends where the suspension attaches (picture a big triangular pocket that's accessible from both sides with velcro. That will leave the bottom between the poles open. It will be cooler in the Summer (a necessity here in South Florida), and will fit an underquilt perfectly for colder temps.
    Yesterday's tomorrow is tomorrow's yesterday. It's the only day that counts.

Hammock
    WBBB double 1.7
    Tarp
    ENO Profly
    Insulation
    Sleeping bag,HG UQ
    Suspension
    Adjustable webbing
    Quote Originally Posted by Sparkfly88 View Post
    I bought my first hammock for 20$ to make sure I liked them first.

Yep, me too! Mine was a Grand Trunk UL. I upgraded to a Black Bird. I do want to get an NX-250 one day, though!
    Last edited by brockthecool2; 01-20-2013 at 18:28. Reason: ..
    Brock!
    2 Samuel: 22
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)This is Bunny. Copy and paste Bunny into
    (")_(")your signature to help him gain world domination.

• + New Posts
  • Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast